Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Automatic headlights

Dieselwill

Reaction score
I just got a 2024 Ram 3500 Longhorn and the build sheet has automatic headlight LMGS option but the auto dimming does not work or even show up in u-connect. Is this an option that has to be special ordered? I’ve had two other 5th gen Longhorn 3500s and they both had auto dimming.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the truck have a DRVM but not the Safety Group?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
It might not be enabled in the BCM. You can have the dealer check to see if the sales code is loaded.

Or check it with AlfaOBD/JScan.

Dieselwill

Reaction score
Dealer told me that it isn’t on the build sheet, but automatic headlights are. They said that they couldn’t find it in the bcm. LMGS build sheet code.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Just to be clear, are you talking about automatic headlights, as in, you put the headlight switch to auto, and the headlights automatically come on when it gets dark out?
Or are you referring to auto dim high beams?

Scvette

Reaction score
So at night do you push the lever forward for high beams and if an oncoming car comes by they don’t dim? When I push my light lever forward it says in the dash autodim enabled

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Dealer told me that it isn’t on the build sheet, but automatic headlights are. They said that they couldn’t find it in the bcm. LMGS build sheet code.
LMG is the sales code for automatic headlamps (where you put the headlight switch in the auto position and the headlights automatically come on at night). The last letter “S” means it’s standard equipment (which it has been since at least 2010).
Sounds like you are looking for sales code LMS, which is called “auto high beam headlamp” feature.
Is that line item listed on your equipment listing anywhere?

Dieselwill

Reaction score
I don’t see LMS on the build sheet. Is this a dealer mistake? Why would this be an add on a top line vehicle?

Tell3131

Reaction score
Longhorn is not top of the line vehicle (second place), Limited is top of the line and they do have the auto headlamp dim feature on them. I think you have to get Limited to get it. . I asked specifically about this when I was ordering.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Longhorn is not top of the line vehicle (second place), Limited is top of the line and they do have the auto headlamp dim feature on them. I think you have to get Limited to get it. . I asked specifically about this when I was ordering.
My 2024 laramie has auto dimming headlights as an option.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
Bought off the lot. Automatic High-Beam Headlamp-Control is part of the Level B Equipment Group and/or the Safety Group on the Laramie.

Dieselwill

Reaction score
This is my third Limited Longhorn 3500 and both of the prior ones have automatic headlight dimmer. I have the level one Longhorn package and the safety package and the convenience package, I’m just trying to find out what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread