Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRVM add 2024 2500 Rebel

Kuhl80

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I know this topic has been discussed fully for the 2019-2022 Rams but I have an additional question that hopefully someone can help with. I have a 2024 Ram 2500 Rebel. It already has the 360 camera system. When I ordered my truck the DRVM was not available to add (supply chain issues). I already bought the DRVM with one output for FCW/ACC. I have made the updates to the system to turn it on but I think I need the 3rd brake light. I have the CHMSL with cargo view already. Does anyone know the part number for the correct CHMSL, I need the one with cargo view and the RVDM camera. Also, besides the new Fakra Z cable, what other parts or programming updates will I need to make (I already turned DRVM and DRVM 360 to Yes and turned CRVMM to No). Thanks in advance for the help!!

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
It all depends which DRVM you bought. What is the part number of the DRVM?

Kuhl80

Reaction score
It all depends which DRVM you bought. What is the part number of the DRVM?
Hi Jimmy the DRVM I have is 68517865AC, if this is not the right one, I can get another one.
Thanks so much for the help!!

Jimmy07

Reaction score
That’s the 2023+ DRVM, so the thing with that one is you can’t plug the camera directly into it. You would need to add the DRVM camera processor that goes under the driver seat.
You’d probably want to go with the 2022 DRVM with the two camera inputs.

Kuhl80

Reaction score
That’s the 2023+ DRVM, so the thing with that one is you can’t plug the camera directly into it. You would need to add the DRVM camera processor that goes under the driver seat.
You’d probably want to go with the 2022 DRVM with the two camera inputs.
Thanks…can I just get the processor under the seat? Would I need to get a harness and a new CHMSL as well?

Kuhl80

Reaction score
Thanks…can I just get the processor under the seat? Would I need to get a harness and a new CHMSL as well?
Also, wouldn’t I already have the camera processor since I have 360 cams?

Ziggy

Reaction score
Also, wouldn’t I already have the camera processor since I have 360 cams?
No, the DVRM system is self-contained. the 360 system is separate and do not communicate to each other.

Kuhl80

Reaction score
Ziggy, they have to communicate somehow?

Attachments

• IMG_6531.jpeg
    IMG_6531.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 4

Ziggy

Reaction score
Ziggy, they have to communicate somehow?
Nope! I thought that too. The images you see in the rear mirror come from the cameras installed in the sideview mirrors and are NOT the same as the cameras for the 360 system. The location for the 360 camera are underneath the sideview mirror, and the DVRM cameras are installed facing straight back by the LED lights.

Kuhl80

Reaction score
Nope! I thought that too. The images you see in the rear mirror come from the cameras installed in the sideview mirrors and are NOT the same as the cameras for the 360 system. The location for the 360 camera are underneath the sideview mirror, and the DVRM cameras are installed facing straight back by the LED lights.
You mean the LED tail lights? Because from the pictures you can clearly see the sides go the bed (I.e., from the mirrors)

Kuhl80

Reaction score
You mean the LED tail lights? Because from the pictures you can clearly see the sides go the bed (I.e., from the mirrors)
I also have the blind spot cameras

Attachments

• IMG_6532.jpeg
    IMG_6532.jpeg
    516 KB · Views: 1

Ziggy

Reaction score
No, see here, right above the LED that lights the ground.

Attachments

• DVRM side.JPG
    DVRM side.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 10

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Yes, you can get the processor, the correct 2023+ CHMSL with the cargo and DRVM camera, and you’ll need a custom harness for the DRVM processor. It installs under the driver seat near the surround view camera system processor.

Kuhl80

Reaction score
Yes, you can get the processor, the correct 2023+ CHMSL with the cargo and DRVM camera, and you’ll need a custom harness for the DRVM processor. It installs under the driver seat near the surround view camera system processor.
Jimmy, do you have part numbers for the DRVM processor and the CHMSL with cargo and DRVM camera?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Jimmy, do you have part numbers for the DRVM processor and the CHMSL with cargo and DRVM camera?
CHMSL with surround view camera system cargo camera plus DRVM camera is 68552687AB. I’m not sure on the DRVM processor part number, maybe @CortexM0 knows off hand or can get it off of his. I’ll see if I can find it on some of his pics he posted of it.

CortexM0

Reaction score
CHMSL with surround view camera system cargo camera plus DRVM camera is 68552687AB. I’m not sure on the DRVM processor part number, maybe @CortexM0 knows off hand or can get it off of his. I’ll see if I can find it on some of his pics he posted of it.
Don't know it off hand. But going back over some pictures, it looks like it may be 68508050AD.
Untitled 2.jpg

Wiring is simple. Switched power to pins 4+11. Ground to pins 7+8. Coax from module to mirror, and from module to each camera.
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 1.48.25 PM.png

Kuhl80

Reaction score
Don't know it off hand. But going back over some pictures, it looks like it may be 68508050AD.
View attachment 70922

Wiring is simple. Switched power to pins 4+11. Ground to pins 7+8. Coax from module to mirror, and from module to each camera.
View attachment 70923
Thanks CortexHD…that p/n is coming back to the forward facing camera. Do you have a link to the write up you did on this?

CortexM0

Reaction score
Here's a link to my teardown of this module:

And a couple more pictures:
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 10.05.12 PM.png
PXL_20230329_171652824 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread