Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Order Tracking & Discussion

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
2500 Laramie sb ctd lvl1 , bed group , chrome bumpers, bed camera, 5th wheel goosneck, block heater, I think that covers it.
Almost identical order to mine except I got aux switches, side steps, clearance lamps - in pearl white….. mine was order 3/5 but still not scheduled. I’m guessing it’s because pearl white is probably a lower volume color and your color was a more common bright white or silver/ grey?

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Almost identical order to mine except I got aux switches, side steps, clearance lamps - in pearl white….. mine was order 3/5 but still not scheduled. I’m guessing it’s because pearl white is probably a lower volume color and your color was a more common bright white or silver/ grey?
Yes, Granite seems to be a popular color. I did get the clearance lights and running boards but forgot to include them in my post.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
prob being granite helped. I think I've read this before but not sure if its real- they won't build a truck unless they are painting 10 of them...

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Nope! Still "in production" since 3/2. And apologies to all if I crash the server with the number of times per day I refresh the tracker.
6 days? They probably can’t a set of fender flares for you, a limited needed them.;)

gun_138

Reaction score
Ordered my 2024 rebel 2400 in February. It’s been in production for eight days including the weekend. The estimated delivery is May 30. I’m hoping that it’s sooner since I am meeting the guy today to sell my 2020 ram limited. Looks like I’m going to be begging my wife to use her car for a couple of months

Attachments

• IMG_9209.jpeg
    IMG_9209.jpeg
    247.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9210.jpeg
    IMG_9210.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
How does everyone that ordered in the last few months feel with the ZF transmission news on the 2025's coming out today?

daemonic3

Reaction score
How does everyone that ordered in the last few months feel with the ZF transmission news on the 2025's coming out today?
I took the risk knowing that a potential gen change was coming, but honestly thought maybe it would be tech and body. This will be my first diesel and a major change for me so I'll probably never know what I'm missing.

That being said, I'm an efficiency guy, so the biggest thing I noticed in an article was "10% fuel efficiency boost". So I'm a little bummed about that. Especially if it adds overdrive gears since I'll be doing unloaded commuting 120 miles every few weeks.

Reaction score
I took the risk knowing that a potential gen change was coming, but honestly thought maybe it would be tech and body. This will be my first diesel and a major change for me so I'll probably never know what I'm missing.

That being said, I'm an efficiency guy, so the biggest thing I noticed in an article was "10% fuel efficiency boost". So I'm a little bummed about that. Especially if it adds overdrive gears since I'll be doing unloaded commuting 120 miles every few weeks.

I'm with you. Rumors have been going for many years already on a different transmission. I was under the impression it would only be the 14.5" screen vs. the 12". I would have been OK with that. Given I have never had any issued with any of my trucks and them having a 68RFE, but have heard many horror stories. I honestly don't know what to think after the news were released today. I do a lot of highway driving unloaded, so the efficiency would have been a great plus - but then again I didn't buy this truck to be efficient. Then again always buying a first year with something major and new would and can lead to problems as well. Would definitely like to hear more about this from people like us that have placed orders in the last 1-3 months that currently are still waiting for the trucks to be built.

Jscocco

Reaction score
Back in 2020 I was waiting and hoping for a 2021 Transmission change that never happened. Ram was the underdog so that's why i went to Chevy i thought Rams 6 speed wouldn't compare to Chevys 10 speed. Plus a Chevy dealer was able to get me passenger plates on an HD was a major part of the switch too thanks NY. And now I'm going back to a Ram. I'm not really concerned with the 68rfe. Seems like all brands have there problems these days even Chevy with there Allison ( Branded ) 10 speed. The fit and finish of my 2019 outshined my 2021 Silverado as well as the usability of the truck i completely missed the Ram boxes after about 2 weeks. I pulled the trigger and ordered incase Ram does a Cab change a Mega cab was a must for me and i was nervous that they would be discontinued, As far as efficiency I'm getting about the same fuel millage as the current ram owners are posting. And if your doing Highway millage it really only comes down to the final drive ratio. I think the only thing for me will be if they add a Heads up display.

daemonic3

Reaction score
I'm with you. Rumors have been going for many years already on a different transmission. I was under the impression it would only be the 14.5" screen vs. the 12". I would have been OK with that. Given I have never had any issued with any of my trucks and them having a 68RFE, but have heard many horror stories. I honestly don't know what to think after the news were released today. I do a lot of highway driving unloaded, so the efficiency would have been a great plus - but then again I didn't buy this truck to be efficient. Then again always buying a first year with something major and new would and can lead to problems as well. Would definitely like to hear more about this from people like us that have placed orders in the last 1-3 months that currently are still waiting for the trucks to be built.
Yeah, I would have loved 14.5" but not if they still nerf Android Auto to 8" max!

But anyway, the 68RFE has 6th gear ratio 0.62:1 with the 3.73, and my F150 10th gear ratio is 0.63:1 with a 3.73. I figured with a smidge more wind and rolling resistance my commutes will only be a few MPG worse. I'm not sure the final 8th gear would be much better on the new transmission. It's likely just more efficient in city start/stop and acceleration not at Hwy speeds.

BTW, I've advanced. If @brv10 can assure me it's just waiting for a train, that would be awesome! 3C63R3FL6RG274339

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240311_104101_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240311_104101_Chrome.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread