Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram HD

Thisnthat

Reaction score
I had a F-150 King Ranch rental for 3 weeks last spring, brand new with less than 50 miles, with their big screen. It was horizontal and its orientation worked so much better than Ram’s 12” screen. I’d take that setup in a heart beat, but hate Ram’s 12” screen.

same here - F150 rental over the summer and really liked the screen setup - granted I only have the 8.4 but i'd definitely prefer the "landscape" version of a bigger screen vs the vertical/portrait

paintit77

Reaction score
I would like them to make the cab bigger and upgrade the outlets to 120 volts, 20 amps and 400 watts! Also increase the USB-C to 20 volts.
Transmission to 10 forward gears.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ram needs to do something different with the screen placement and orientation, IMO.

The current 12” screen goes too low and deletes too many buttons, and I feel it’s a safety issue. I’ve seen people take their eyes off the road for too long to activate/deactivate things that shouldn’t take that long… and don’t take that long with the 8.4” screen.

I had a F-150 King Ranch rental for 3 weeks last spring, brand new with less than 50 miles, with their big screen. It was horizontal and its orientation worked so much better than Ram’s 12” screen. I’d take that setup in a heart beat, but hate Ram’s 12” screen.

Blasphemer. That's what FCW, ACC, and lane keep assist are for!

:p

Riccochet

Reaction score
How about they ditch the 6.4 and give us a bigger V8 like Ford and GM did.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not unheard of. The new Tacoma has a 2400W inverter.

No it's not unheard of, I was simply pointing out that 120V @ 20A isn't the 400W that @paintit77 mentioned.

20A of AC output would be around 220A of 12V DC draw, which is why I think only the Hybrid Tacoma has an inverter that big. Ram could certainly do it with any of their dual alternator options, but not very well with the engine off.

jsalbre

Reaction score
No it's not unheard of, I was simply pointing out that 120V @ 20A isn't the 400W that @paintit77 mentioned.

20A of AC output would be around 220A of 12V DC draw, which is why I think only the Hybrid Tacoma has an inverter that big. Ram could certainly do it with any of their dual alternator options, but not very well with the engine off.
Ahh, I missed the 400W part. Good point on the hybrid. Maybe the trucks just need to come with big LiFePO4 battery banks from the factory!

Users who are viewing this thread