Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front camera

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Hey guys. Coming from a 22 to 23 model 2500. Make sure you go into settings and turn on front camera with detection. It will automatically turn the front camera on if an object is detected. Really helpful and saved me from doing this manually.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Yours works? If so, any chance you have AlfaOBD and can provide a backup? Mine doesn't turn on with the blinker and I'm trying to avoid taking it in to the dealer.

ollicat

Reaction score
I don't have that option that says "forward facing camera guidelines" on my 2023 Laramie. But the camera works when I tap down 3 settings to find it. I would love to have it turn on when it detects something forward or at slow speed.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I don't have that option that says "forward facing camera guidelines" on my 2023 Laramie. But the camera works when I tap down 3 settings to find it. I would love to have it turn on when it detects something forward or at slow speed.
The forward facing camera gridlines are only on the power wagons and rebels.
Do you have “turn signal activated blind spot view” setting, and if so, does it work for you?

ollicat

Reaction score
The forward facing camera gridlines are only on the power wagons and rebels.
Do you have “turn signal activated blind spot view” setting, and if so, does it work for you?
Yes, the cameras for the side mirrors turn on when I use my turning indicator. But nothing happens on my front camera when I approach a wall or another car

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Yes, the cameras for the side mirrors turn on when I use my turning indicator. But nothing happens on my front camera when I approach a wall or another car
In the vehicle settings in the radio, what is your software build version?
You have working blind spot turn signal cameras, but jsalbre does not.
I believe he HAS the front camera park assist setting (under safety & driving assistance), but you do not?
@jsalbre , have you verified if your front cam works automatically with park assist?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Do you have AlfaOBD?
I believe he HAS the front camera park assist setting (under safety & driving assistance), but you do not?
@jsalbre , have you verified if your front cam works automatically with park assist?
I have not yet. Been busy with a few things, but hopefully today.

If we can verify my functionality, and get an AlfaOBD backup from @ollicat maybe we can figure out where the settings are.

ollicat

Reaction score
Do you have AlfaOBD?

I have not yet. Been busy with a few things, but hopefully today.

If we can verify my functionality, and get an AlfaOBD backup from @ollicat maybe we can figure out where the settings are.
no I don't have AlfaAOBD

jsalbre

Reaction score
Ok, I was able to verify today that my front camera does indeed turn on when the front park assist detects an obstacle.

Since @ollicat and I seem to have opposite camera issues (his blind spot camera works, mine doesn't; my park sense camera works, his doesn't) if we can get him hooked up with someone who has AlfaOBD and then compare our backup files we might be able to figure out what bits control thee options.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I honestly don't even know what you are talking about. What is Alfaodb
AlfaOBD is a software program, that in conjunction with a device that you plug into the diagnostic port under you dash, allows you to read codes, perform diagnostics, and change settings that normally aren't even available to dealers. You can use it to add things your truck didn't come with like surround cameras, trailer tire pressure monitoring, aux switches, power running boards, etc.

In our case, the most likely reason that your front camera doesn't come on with park sense, and my side cameras don't come on with turn signals is that there's a configuration flag that's wrong on each of ours. By comparing the setting on mine and the settings on your we might be able to determine which flags are wrong and set them so that everything works.

Yeah, the dealer should be responsible for fixing these things, but if I can avoid leaving my truck at the dealer for several days while they potentially cover my interior in greasy fingerprints or replace things that aren't broken then I'd rather do that.

Savage99ss

Reaction score
@Savage99ss Does your blind spot camera turn on with the turn signal? (See below for setting)

View attachment 51934
Yes. Side camera turns on with blinkers. I had to turn on my front camera on detection. It was turned off in the factory settings. Hope this helps

Sorry just not getting back to things. My mom passed away a few weeks back.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Yes. Side camera turns on with blinkers. I had to turn on my front camera on detection. It was turned off in the factory settings. Hope this helps

Sorry just not getting back to things. My mom passed away a few weeks back.
I'm sorry for your loss, I've been there and it's rough.

It looks like I'm the only one with busted blind spot cameras.

Users who are viewing this thread