Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Truckman

1. T

50 gallon OEM tank for the 2024 RAM 3500 Hemi now an option?

I got one in 2020 in mine, highly recommend it. Just allowed me to run 1000 miles with one fuel stop on the way.
  2. T

Tire repair question

The only proper way to repair any tubeless tire is with a plug/patch combination, plugs only, should only be a temporary repair to get you to a tire repair shop for the proper repair. Patching only lets the steel cords able to get moisture in them and cause rust/corrosion.
  3. T

Signal lights on running board LED strips

Why not hook them up to the trailer wiring plug?
  4. T

Downside of using the 2" to 2.5" sleeve?

I used the sleeve for 7 years on my old truck. never had any problems, nor have I heard about any problems from others. With this truck I needed a longer drop on the shank so I bought one that was 2 1/2 inch. I do like that I don't have to fight the sleeve when putting the ball mount on and off.
  5. T

Husky 5th Wheel Hitch Puck Bracket, is anyone using it?? Ram 2500 Diesel

I towed more than 50000 miles with a Reese one and had no problem.
  6. T

Well fellas, I'm throwing in the towel

I have to agree, the rotary knob is ridiculous.
  7. T

Are the current RAM Beds Dustproof and Waterproof?

Not yet, this is the first I have seen this. I was in heavy rain on the highway.
  8. T

Are the current RAM Beds Dustproof and Waterproof?

I have an ARE on mine, so far everything is waterproof except around the tailgate on each corner on the bottom.
  9. T

Deciding between gas and diesel

After 25 years with a Diesel towing some fairly heavy trailers I got a Hemi a few years ago. I had gotten rid of the big 5er and only tow a dump trailer locally. I believe with the emissions problems the Diesel is no longer an advantage and am very happy with the gas. Mileage is pretty close...
  10. T

Aisin fluid amount?!!

I just measure how much is drained and refill that amount, drive to get it hot and check, adjust as necessary.
  11. T

New Battery

Hadn't even thought about the gel batteries. I will look into them.
  12. T

New Battery

Thinking when the time comes maybe I want to upgrade the battery to something larger/more CCA's. Has anyone else done this and what size will fit in the stock battery location. I have already run mine down once listening to the radio while polishing/coating the truck.
  13. T

EzPass responder location or whatever you use

On my '20 Laramie it is mounted at the top of the windshield just right of the mirror. Has worked there perfectly so far, even in Florida with the Sunpass reader.
  14. T

Thoughts on the Curt CrossWing?

Get a real 5th wheel hitch and forget all the gimmicks. If you have the pucks in your truck I would go with a BW that works with them.
  15. T

Well....the truck WAS perfect.....(need a new bumper due to dishonest people)

Its a damn shame you can't have anything nice. Did you try buffing it out? looks like that may clean up ok.