Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Thorvald

1. Thorvald

What the Wifey wants the Wifey gets....but i need help

@g00fy This came up in another thread, the S&B website says you can’t use high speed truck stop pumps on their tank but Titan doesn‘t seem to have this issue. Have you tried a high speed large nozzle truck stop pump on your Titan tank and did it automatically shut off when full?
  2. Thorvald

Titan fuel tank install

I had no idea there were some gotchas with these tanks, here is S&B website: Important Notes: The fuel gauge will continue to work however the distance to empty will not be accurate. There is no way to update the fuel tank size for the distance to empty to be accurate. OEM sending unit & float...
  3. Thorvald

Regen

This this this this…. Can’t stress it enough. Since replacing mine my logs have been almost all 24 hour driving time regen. What a difference. Only time I get close to a normal regen now is if the truck is only driven short distances for a week or so, take it out for a long (couple of hours)...
  4. Thorvald

Aisin transmission fluid change

i just went through this over the weekend and oh my freaking god those four bolts hidden by that cross member… grrrr!! I used the hose trick but still that was not fun at all, even worse getting the pan back up with the gasket not shifting was a miracle and only took about five beers to...
  5. Thorvald

4500 Camper/Jeep Hauler Build

+10000 percent! Don’t forget to look for a small local Victron dealer, the fellow I buy from is routinely 10 to 20% cheaper than all the big dealers. He operates out of his house and saves all that overhead. Depending on what you’re running, you mean, you only need the 2000 VA unit, that is...
  6. Thorvald

Cummins caught emissions cheating - fined 1.67 billion mega thread.

It would be interesting to see if any of the recalls that have been done on the 2019 and newer trucks was to address this issue that they already knew about which might explain all the weird DPF and DEF issues we’re having. Thankfully mileage on mine doesn’t seem to be affected With any recalls...
  7. Thorvald

2020 hd service manual

Trying to find these myself, none of the tech authority links seem to head to a USB for purchase. I finally managed to find the subscription link but wow what a pain. Can the PDFs still be purchased?
  8. Thorvald

Regens at alarming rate!

Just an update since my last, my last two regens have been timed (24 hr regens), the DPF gauge was barely above 5% if at all. Air filter so far was the winner. This is where the CTS3 has come in handy, it‘s Regen status shows Soot level or Time to next Regen. Had me confused at first when it...
  9. Thorvald

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

Actually the club worked quite well in my neighbours Toyota incident. It’s not to stop the thieves it’s another layer to deter the average lazy idiot. The key is used to gain access to the vehicle to save the headache of using the RF repeat attack since people have started using faraday cages...
  10. Thorvald

How do you prevent thieves from stealing your new truck?

Here in Canada it’s an epidemic stealing 1500’s and I’m sure they steal HD as well. After watching what happened to a Toyota Highlander friend I do the following: 1. Cover VIN with black Bristol board. This way they cannot easily take a picture of the VIN and cut a key. 2. HD Club on...
  11. Thorvald

Symptoms of bad DPF Sensor? 100% full suddenly and nothing on CTS Edge 3?

Well it’s now October 1 and with terrible driving habits letting the wife drive it basically 2 km to work every day (I drive my summer toy until I have to put it away for the winter), we haven’t had any issues yet. These are pretty much the worst driving conditions ever mentioned on this forum...
  12. Thorvald

Exhaust Filter Full 2022 3500 HO

If you have access to the truck, pull the air filter and take some pics of the part number etc. There is a great thread on this and it was actually "appears" to be the cause of my problems (dirty and/or in-correct air filter). In my case the dealer had to reset the regen (DPF) timers, which...
  13. Thorvald

All good John, now that i seem to have solved (with this forums help) the issue I now have a few logs of “a happy truck” myself lol. If things start to go sideways again, I should be able to catch it with the CTS3. Hope yours gets sorted as well!
  14. Thorvald

Looks like it is confirmed, towed back the RV for a few hours and had zero issues again. DPF EVIC never moved, CTS never went about 48% and I am fairly sure (logs will tell) that the exhaust temp was able to reach into the 400c range to allow for passive regen which I did not see before with...
  15. Thorvald

Regens at alarming rate!

I updated my thread on my issue but I’ll also post here. After replacing the air filter with the proper part number the truck didn’t Regen once nor did it even get above 0% on the EVIC! Huge difference from last week where it Regen’ d all the time and threw that error code (too many regens)...