Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by The_Timmay!

1. T

Looking to try to upgrade my 2020 Ram 2500 to handle a fifth wheel - like a 3500

I didn't even think about the financial impact of an accident. I suppose that even with upgrading the rig and knowing that it could handle the extra weight, at fault or not, an accident with injury could be financially catastrophic! These trucks are all F'ing pricey, but that would be minimal...
  2. T

Looking to try to upgrade my 2020 Ram 2500 to handle a fifth wheel - like a 3500

The airbags are cheap enough and look simple enough to install that I'll probably make that upgrade regardless, but there's not a somewhat simple way to beef up the suspension otherwise? I mean, I'd guess that you'd have to upgrade the coils and struts, but it would seem to me that's all you'd...
  3. T

Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to owning a 2500 (bought the gas version Oct 2020 and upgraded to a diesel June 2022) and now that we have a heavier duty truck, we love how well it tows. We currently have a 38' bumper pull travel trailer that weighs around 10k lbs and with the weight...
  4. T

Hot Spot while car is off

You can turn the ignition on and it'll work. The problem is, it will time out and shutdown. I assume the software is programmed to prevent full battery drain? If there's a work around for that to be changed to a couple hours at a time or something, I could live with it. The nice thing about...
  5. T

Hot Spot while car is off

I also am looking to WFC and the wifi hotspot is actually fairly robust when you are on an AT&T cell tower. I need constant data up/down for my VOIP lines and rather than idle the truck for hours on end, I would love to be able to leave the truck on and even plug in a battery charger to keep it...