Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by surftahoe

1. surftahoe

Digital Rearview mirror with truck cap

So after using it for 3 days I’ve found that with the current amount of cable length it doesn’t seem to have the juice without the truck running. I need to check all connections and will pull the extra length out of each section (I didn’t install with exact lengths). I believe I have about 4ft...
  2. surftahoe

Update: Finally got to this project. Installed digital rearview cam in the top of my shell below the third brake light. First I ran two sections of cable from both the cargo cam and digital cam down the drivers side rear section of the cab liner. This was easy to do, a quick removal of the...
  3. surftahoe

I am jumping into this mod as soon as the fakra video switch is delivered. I have all other parts and looks like it will work well. I’ll post part numbers/links as soon as I get going on the project and see what direction it heads. I have a leer shell and the angle/slope of the of the top next...
  4. surftahoe

Alright I’m going for it. I’ve ordered the two cameras (cargo cam and rear view) and what I believe will be all the necessary lengths of FAKRA and various male/female combos. I have also ordered a mopar housing/bezel setup from a Jeep Renegade as it appears the mounting is the same (????), I...
  5. surftahoe

Digital Rear View Mirror

Haven’t figured out that part yet. Once I see the camera in hand maybe it’ll just come to me… haha! I’ve been looking at options from a) using an aftermarket 3rd break light for my Leer by personal retro fit, to z) buying a housing that fits the manufacturers part number. I learned from another...
  6. surftahoe

Digital Rear View Mirror

Search this part number a take your pick of Ram part suppliers: 68448640AA I ordered one last Friday. Hasn’t shipped yet. I am prepping to install hd rear view at rear of my leer cap and install the cargo cam inside the cap. Have all the fakra wiring necessary though I hadn’t considered using a...
  7. surftahoe

Yes, sorry to be confusing. I’m fairly confident I can run it water tight. I ordered a few wiring lengths in the case that I get there and it looks like I won’t be able to run a water tight option from the CHMSL. And if it is easy enough to run from the rearview in the cab I will go that route...
  8. surftahoe

This has been a super helpful thread! I have a new 2021 2500 Limited (with 3D backup). I am looking to bypass the cargo camera and install a camera in (yes inside) my leer shell that will hopefully activate with my shell’s led dome light. The problem is through all of my searching I’ve been...