Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by snocam

1. S

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

I was at my local dealership yesterday. Nice folks, just general service. Spoke with a salesman, not much different for 2025 as of yet. I really won't be looking for probably 2 years anyway. I like my ccsb. But I have a dump truck for anything larger. The ccsb is great for maneuvering...
  2. S

2019 2500 4x4 tow rig / support rig

I like how the AEV bumper gives you more room in front of the tires. My truck has the AEV lift and 37s, it's a tight fit with the stock bumper. I'm just looking forward to some nicer weather so I can get my truck as clean as RCDs truck!
  3. S

2019 2500 4x4 tow rig / support rig

That is great looking truck. I'm thinking the AEV bumper might be in my future this year. The 285/75 18 is really good tire size. I've ran them on several trucks. They do measure up on the taller side of 35s.
  4. S

HEMI® Power To Keep Going In Ram Heavy Duty Trucks

As I've explained several times on this forum, I had the ford 7.3 gas in the truck I traded for my 2500 6.4. It's a good motor, but the Hemi is no slouch, and the longer I have the truck the more I like it.
  5. S

Fluid Film

I have a bunch of driveways and 2 private roads that I plow here in the town I live in. Some are pretty steep. If the conditions require chains on the rear dually wheels, I leave them on for the entire route, otherwise it would take too long to continually remove and install them...
  6. S

Fluid Film

The amount of calcium chloride they throw down here is incredible. My chains are the cam lock style, with 5 locks per side. If they are corroded it's much harder to get them on the tires the right way and it takes longer. If you don't experience this than great, possibly my chains are more...
  7. S

Fluid Film

I use either fluid film or woolwax. I have the gun for applying it myself. Yeah it's a messy job, but I think it's imperative to long term vehicle maintenance in VT where I live. Just yesterday I fluid filmed my snow chains before storing them for the next 7 months or so. If I didn't spray...
  8. S

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

My 2020 just hit 25k. I love seeing posts with owners hitting higher mileage. Hope to keep this truck for a long time.
  9. S

Are there more 6.4's on the road now?

I really like my 6.4. I've owned a bunch of trucks. My last one was a ford f350 7.3 gasser that I ordered in 2021, received in December of 2021. It's been mentioned plenty in this forum about my ordeal with that truck and it's failed driveshaft forcing me into a trade for my current ram the...
  10. S

2019 and up aftermarket gears for the 6.4 hemi

I can't find any info on the possibility of the 4.44 gears swapped into a 19 or newer 2500 with the 6.4. I'm sure it would be expensive, but at least it would be more effective than a swap to 4.10.
  11. S

2019 and up aftermarket gears for the 6.4 hemi

When I got the official quote, it was up to 6800. Not gonna happen. Not enough benefit to justify that cost. We'll see if the aftermarket catches up. I have setup gears before. Swapped 4.88s into my 2004 lj. But that wasn't a daily driver. At this point, I'm not planning on swapping...
  12. S

Lets see what you are towing!

Just towing for fun today! Family ride on Christmas eve. Merry Christmas everybody!
  13. S

Dealer Damaged my Cab While Replacing Body Mount...What should I be asking for? Pictures Attached

That's pretty much where I'm at now. I don't plan to have the dealership tear back into the truck. There is definitely less noise when the weather is warmer. I almost wonder if the mounts would be less noise during articulation if the sway bar was disconnected and the suspension could cycle easier.
  14. S

Dealer Damaged my Cab While Replacing Body Mount...What should I be asking for? Pictures Attached

That's great that the body work was well done. Again, I had a very similar experience. Only trouble is my new front cab mounts make as much noise as the original mounts. It's really the only thing that bothers me about the truck. After the initial service for the mounts, everything was...
  15. S

8th gear - highway speed?

22 years ago I was regularly driving from Southern New Jersey to South Carolina and back on rt95 in a Jeep Tj. Good old three spd auto. No overdrive. Boy have things changed!