Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by SMK Shoe

1. S

Excessive DEF Consumption

I usually took on a half tank of def every 60-70 gallon fill up. Which was daily with a 45 external tank. But that was pulling upwards of 15k lbs on a 10k trailer. So not sure how that figures in. Not pulling the trailer anymore and have all the seats in the truck. So time to start watching def...
  2. S

Cummins rough idle on startup

Have this same problem. Start up first thing in morning and shakes and rattles till high idle kicks in. Noticed the volts bounce all over the place for a couple minutes. Once its warmed up purrs like a kitten. I really notice it on cold mornings because Im laying in my sleeping bag waiting for...
  3. S

Air bag choice and opinion

I have the airlift 7500 on a 2020 3500 dually. No problems at all except the compressor just went out a month ago. Have it mounted to the frame rail and was in some nasty snow and slush with nite time temps well into the -20 degrees. Froze up the compressor. But bags have been at 45 psi for the...
  4. S

22 DRW tire wear / alignment

I have kinda the same problem. While I was running Hotshot, I could get 45-50K miles on the drives but at 35K the steers were toast. Outside wear excessive but good thread left on tire. Figured it was pulling upwards of 25K pounds 90% of the time. Dually's pulling heavy seem to eat up steer...
  5. S

What floor mats are you using?

I got husky in now and work great. Been in for 125k miles and very little wear. And they have been worked hard. Husky seems like much softer rubber. Used regular weather tech before and seems like a stiffer plastic. where the edge meets carpet it would rub down to the backing of the carpet.
  6. S

Repeated dead batteries - possible UConnect issue? Help diagnosing?

I shut down Friday evening about 1700 hrs after 450 miles and battery was dead Saturday lunch time. Less than 24 hours. It was around zero degree's so expecting that had something to do with it.
  7. S

From what I have researched, the diesel needs both batteries for starting. High Amp draw to get the engine to turn over.
  8. S

Kinda the same problem. 2020 tradesman with 125K miles. Was up in Minnesota last weekend, went to the truck and dead. Put about 2500 miles on it that week. Ended up taking a taxi to auto zone and purchasing two new batteries, I can't risk driving a vehicle I can not trust to start in the...
  9. S

Dash Cam power

good info, have to comment so I can find this post later.
  10. S

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

I am actually scared to call my dealership. I have absolutely NO confidence in their ability to correct any problem on my vehicle.
  11. S

White vs Black Topper on White Truck

Like I said, I like the black but you wouldn't hurt yourself either way. Both look good 51%=49%
  12. S

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

I'm can't hardly find 4$ gallon. 4.45-4.69 in the north east. Even local mom and pop down in the Carolina's is high
  13. S

White vs Black Topper on White Truck

I like the black. Compliments the truck.
  14. S

Hot shot is like driving a semi truck, just using a dually pickup and gooseneck trailer and carrying loads up to about 15K. Last year was great for the money. This year has fallen badly and with the cost of diesel, just about not worth it. I am parking my truck. I just can't see putting the...
  15. S

How the heck do you wash this thing?

I won't say that I have gone out in the rain and hit it with a mitt to get the big stuff off and let the rain do a rinse.