Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Skid51

1. S

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Well, April certainly went out like a lion. Anyways, underneath all that are my brand new Mickey’s.. Baja Boss A/T in a 315/70-17, E-load rated. The tire shop had them pumped to 60+ psi, I have deflated to 50F/45R (cold) but believe I have read in these forums that with E-rated 35’s you are...
  2. S

Mismatched spare tire?

Anyone with 37’s have experience running a 35“ spare? I imagine you’d be ok from a handling and safety perspective to use one to drive, temporarily and conservatively, to a tire shop but is there risk of grinding the rear LSD on dry pavement if rear tires are mismatched in size?
  3. S

REFERENCE: 2019+ Power Wagon Armor

Can any one with Go Rhino RB20 steps (normal ones, not Slims) comment on whether they stick out enough to prevent parking lot door dings from cars (ie from lower opening doors)?
  4. S

37 Micky Thompson bajas

Not a requirement here in the Cdn Rockies but given I ran dedicated winter tires 6+ months of the year on past trucks I feel 3PMSF is a minimum threshold for a year-round tire. Research on the Recon doesn’t uncover anyone raving about snow/ice performance and just visually you can see it has...
  5. S

37 Micky Thompson bajas

I’d love a 37x11.5R17 in a MT BB AT on stock rims but I believe the only availability in that size is a Nitto Recon. I do want a 3MPSF which the Recon is not.
  6. S

Would going with 37x11.5’s clear those mudflap bolt heads? Also does a 37x11.5 (on OEM rims) avoid rubbing the radius arms? I am leaning to a skinnier A/T tire in any event for winter performance. Would like to make 37’s work but do want to stick with stock rims and keep front mudflaps for now.
  7. S

What steps are those?
  8. S

Minimum steps/rails

On a side note, Jncarson, are those 37’s? Feedback so far has told me mudflaps in the front will not work with 37’s… that there will be rub at least in reverse at near full-lock. What’s your experience? Thanks.
  9. S

Minimum steps/rails

Thanks for the helpful replies. To clarify use, although my off-road use doesn’t plan for pivots or boulder drops, I do at times mis-step and slide over a log, ice shelf or mound of snow. That’s why I think a smooth bottomed, tucked in step covering the pinch weld, like the OEM sliders or...
  10. S

I’m inclined to 37’s, but want to keep front mudflaps. Anyone able to run 37x12.5’s (these would be AT’s on -18 to 25m offset rims) and not rub on mudflaps or mounting hardware? Seems the boltheads could be in the line of fire at partial or full lock (Sorry for the muddy pic, kinda slushy here)
  11. S

Lets see those power wagons

Break-in miles, half-way through the first tank and lovin’ it. Smartcap assembly and install went quite well, maybe 3-4 man-hours all-in but we putzed around some getting end pieces flanged up right. Next is step rails and tires. Going with OEM sliders I can source second hand or the N-FAb...
  12. S

Minimum steps/rails

Am looking for steps that are tight to the rockers and with minimal droopy parts so they won’t get banged off-road but still offer some step-up functionality. Although I am able to get some Maple sliders with little or no shipping cost, I am holding off on full, heavy sliders to save some...
  13. S

Then maybe it makes all the sense in the world that the banner truck featured in their Black Friday sales campaign is not one that can actually be built!
  14. S

You’d think but I’ve seen pix of several ’bare’ ones on this forum. Here’s such a ‘24 on the lot right now..
  15. S

So my dealer (who is putting in my ‘24 PW build order) and I seemingly can’t figure out to check the right boxes for our desired decal package. We want two-tone paint, decal delete (which is all clear to check off on the order sheet) but also want to add the tracer doorside and tailgate decals...