Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by RonWagnon

1. RonWagnon

Regen

I had a new DPF installed last week. Truck went into Regen this morning with 171 miles on it as opposed to the 40-50 miles it was taking prior to replacement. Mixed Interstate (60%) and city (40%) driving since replacement. The technician bore scoped (videoed) prior to changing and sent to...
  2. RonWagnon

Regens at alarming rate!

Mine went into Regen this morning as I pulled into the parking lot at work. That is with around 75 miles driven after last Regen and since the MAP sensor was changed Tuesday afternoon. I plan to hook up to RV and run a couple of hours this weekend to see if it helps as was suggested by some of...
  3. RonWagnon

Regens at alarming rate!

I agree with possible exhaust leak or something along those lines. I have not had any issues with smells or fumes.
  4. RonWagnon

Regens at alarming rate!

We have a 45' 5th Wheel (17.5k lbs. loaded). That's the only time I haven't seen an Automatic Regen is while towing the 5th Wheel. It's been a several months since I've hooked it up and towed. I have towed since this problem began, however was not monitoring DPF temps & gages as closely at...
  5. RonWagnon

Regens at alarming rate!

I don't think they have bore scoped the DPF. The tech mentioned it on a previous visit but I did not remember to ask if he ever did. Also, yes am aware of checking the oil levels. I also reminded the tech to check as well. The tech also stated they are working with RAM engineers with regard...
  6. RonWagnon

Regens at alarming rate!

That's what I was doing the first 3-4 times, but I don't have 30-40 minutes extra to drive every other day when it goes into regen no matter what my driving habits. Mine is going into Regen every 45-65 miles. I have on several occasions had 2 Regens occur in a 115 mile run at 60+ mph (all...
  7. RonWagnon

Terrible A/C and Heater performance

I had this issue when I changed to an after market filter (WIX). Changed back to the OEM and works great!
  8. RonWagnon

Regens at alarming rate!

I haven't checked. Will look when I pick it up, hopefully on Friday.
  9. RonWagnon

Regens at alarming rate!

I've been having this issue for several months now. It started frequent regen's before I had the particulate matter sensor installed. The regen's occur every 40-60 miles and doesn't matter if highway or city driving. I have had 2 regen's occur on a single highway trip averaging 65+ mph on 130...
  10. RonWagnon

Did Ya'll Get This Letter Too? - PARTICULATE MATTER SENSOR

Your correct, the Y43 will not help with the frequent regen issue. I've had mine in to the dealer 3 times for the frequent regen issue since having the Y43 performed. They tell me they are working with Stellantis to resolve the frequent regen problem. I don't know every thing that they've...
  11. RonWagnon

Brain damage - I need the transmission done. Already got the Y43.
  12. RonWagnon

I have a similar problem - They can get the parts but are telling me the ATF is back ordered.
  13. RonWagnon

Also, should the I-Dash ever go to 0? The lowest I've seen it go after a Regen is 35-40%.
  14. RonWagnon

Thank You for the explanation. That makes more sense. Now if they can figure out what's wrong I'll be good to go.
  15. RonWagnon

Yes, still having excessive Regens. I actually dropped it off at the dealership this morning. They called me yesterday afternoon and asked could I bring it in as RAM had contacted them and gave them a list of things to check. Regens are occurring every 35 to 50 miles of travel. Doesn't...