Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by rickrfa

1. rickrfa

Anyone have power steering failure? 2020 3500

Guess not, I have a 2022 bighorn 6.4 with about 5000 miles, when I started it this morning, power steering light was on and no power steering. On a trip of course 700 miles from home in Utah. Also have our 32' travel trailer, need to leave next Saturday for the next leg. Took it to a dealer in...
  2. rickrfa

8.4 Radio Will Not Work On ACC Or RUN

Just got the rear view camera recall software update (for 8.4 uconnect), also seems to have fixed the error message when using ACC mode, my system works normally now, do not get the "code error, please restart system" screen.
  3. rickrfa

2022 Ram 2500 BigHorn - Speakers make noise when opening doors

Not that it helps, but I noticed it happens when the interior lights turn on, or off after the timeout delay, hopefully the uconnect5 engineers have at least figured that out
  4. rickrfa

New 2022 2500 bighorn, Uconnect 5 built in voice recognition not working, "code error" message when started in ACC position of start button

Dealer said FCA wanted them to run more tests before ordering a new radio, taking it in this Thursday for that and tonneau cover installation. There is a workaround I found to use ACC mode, need to change the "power off delay" setting from 0 to 45 sec or more in settings. Then without putting...
  5. rickrfa

8.4 Radio Will Not Work On ACC Or RUN

See my thread for a similar problem, do you get the error message I get when going to ACC mode? Thread 'New 2022 2500 bighorn, Uconnect 5 built in voice recognition not working, "code error" message when started in ACC position of start button'...
  6. rickrfa

New 2022 2500 bighorn, Uconnect 5 built in voice recognition not working, "code error" message when started in ACC position of start button

Had it at the dealer today, re-flashing didn't help, tech said it was showing error codes with diagnostics, they are ordering a new radio.
  7. rickrfa

Will do, but have a feeling it's more of a "please reboot your computer and see if that fixes it" effort
  8. rickrfa

Seeing two problems with my uconnect 5 8.4 system after taking delivery of my 2022 RAM 2500 hemi, wondering if anyone else has seen the same issues- 1) Built in voice recognition not working (short press of VR switch on steering wheel, or saying "Hey uconnect"), no response to either. Google...
  9. rickrfa

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

For those getting this email, did you register somewhere on ramchat with your email info, or through your dealer? Wondering how they are linking the order with your email address. I am at D1 on the order sheet the dealership gave me a couple weeks ago, with VIN assigned on my 2500, haven't seen...