Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Reh Ranch

1. R

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

The way I see it is, If we were keeping the fire departments continually busy putting out truck fires, I would agree. But right now, it seems that these incidents are a very low percentage of the total truck numbers. With that being said, I think with the switch and a little bit of management, I...
  2. R

This is the switch that they got me. I can not find a brand name and it appears that it is a 300 amp switch and not a 400 amp.
  3. R

I guess I am a sissy because if it is below 40 degrees, I plug the truck in so that things are warmed up for creature comforts (yes, I know that there is electric heat to help warm up the cab but I am having a hard time breaking old habits that were well engrained with the 16 year ownership of...
  4. R

This is working fine. I turn it on, start the truck. Let it run several minutes so that it is past the grid cycling period and then turn it off again. The rest of the day, I leave it off and start with 2 quick pushes of the start button to go past the pre-start sequence.
  5. R

This is what I did. This switch is rated to 250 Amps. The parts store has one ordered that is 400 amps.
  6. R

I live in farm country and a lot of farmers put these switches on their equipment to help prevent theft when they leave the equipment in the field, unattended, for extended periods of time. Surely if those switches can handle being in the main line for that equipment they can handle this task.
  7. R

So what are the thoughts about putting a disconnect switch in and turn it on to start the truck and let it warm up then turn it off so the relay is not "live" all the time?
  8. R

Ram Tail Gate Recall

Same here with less than 1000 miles on the truck. I have been slamming it like it is a 70's model Ford since I got the scratches and dents fixed. I can't wait to visit with the dealership about the recall.
  9. R

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Got the NOCO plug but did not want to drill any holes anywhere so I put it on the shelf and everytime I walked around the truck I was thinking of where I could install it. About a week ago I got this idea. It takes some trimming on the receiver hitch plug but it went in tight and works well with...
  10. R

What plug did you use in the bumper
  11. R

Another fuel additive question, with a twist

My previous experience with diesel fuel additives is a 1996 Powerstroke that I used Stanadyne in every tank and a 2006 5.9 Cummins that I used Lucas in every tank. I was talking to a friend of mine, that has been a Freightliner mechanic for 25 years, about fuel treatment options for my new...
  12. R

I could not find the "What did you do to your Ram in the last 30 days" thread so I guess I will leave this here. Picked it up from the dealer. Had Kat Skinz seat coverings installed Installed OEM mud flaps Installed Diamonback bed cover Installed...
  13. R

Adding 7 pin plug

I found one. Thanks for the info.
  14. R

Adding 7 pin plug

Has anyone added the 7 pin plug to the bed of their truck? If so, parts list and difficulty
  15. R

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

Here are a few more pics.