Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Rampelstiltskin

1. Rampelstiltskin

Catch all complaint and thread trash dump

But...Car & Driver isn't tooting everybody's horn. The parts shortage is not this problem. The "Hey Look, RAM is a Superb Brand" blah blah blah is what is selling Rams but not focusing on the consumer's satisfaction with "after-the-sale" confidence. It would be nice to just tug on just one of...
  2. Rampelstiltskin

Catch all complaint and thread trash dump

Are there pictures of Rams parked behind dealerships waiting for parts/pumps? That should be the story. I was once told by a dealer friend of mine when I mentioned how many times and how a manufacturer is put on the front pages of these magazines. He said thumb through and count the ads the...
  3. Rampelstiltskin

Negotiating with FCA Finance on an Ordered Truck

I bought my first "ordered" truck from that dealership in Mendon. It wasn't the name you mentioned , I'm thinking Anderson? It was by the zoo or better yet, the twin drive-in. 1999 Ram 2500, regular cab, 4x4, 8'ft bed ,V-10 !!! That's when you ordered a truck, your name came printed on the...
  4. Rampelstiltskin

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Also under the door sill there at the rear door, driver's side, the wiring bundle has that white wire with the tan tracer. If'n you wanted to add an additional interior light/storage bin light, etc., that's a good place to tap it. That's the cargo light wire. Energizes with the doors opened...
  5. Rampelstiltskin

Blinking red & green lights under dash- what is this?

Disconnect and remove it. Hook a small lithium battery to it, a bit of Velcro and find the next Greyhound bus heading outbound.
  6. Rampelstiltskin

Esc message flashes radomly

Are you one of the lucky folks stuck in the winter from hell? Snow or ice could be hanging on one of the ABS wires (wheel sensors) just enough to tug on the plug. Is this noticed when moving or just sitting still? Happened a few times when plowing.
  7. Rampelstiltskin

What did you do TO your RAM today?

If you pull back the rug from the elevated front edge (there are push pin thingies holding it) there is a grommet/body plug directly under where your compressor is mounted. You could even just grab something to poke up from underneath if'n you intend to hide that wiring. Used that route from the...
  8. Rampelstiltskin

DEF

https://www.thedieselstop.com/threads/def-date-codes-and-api-certification.426994/#:~:text=There%20are%20always%20going%20to,year%2C%20or%20reverse%20Julian%20date. Today's date is 13-Feb-2021 (UTC). Today's Julian Date is 21044 : 44th day of the year 2021
  9. Rampelstiltskin

DEF

Yup, Its a pretty universal size, kind of like you can't (SHOULDN'T be able to) put the diesel nozzle in a modern vehicles gasoline fill inlet. I know on the big truck (mine, Swedish Peterbilt) there is a magnet in the DEF tank inlet that has to agree with the DEF nozzle (pump) to allow the DEF...
  10. Rampelstiltskin

Changing my own oil and fuel filter

YouTube (no endorsement) is a great resource for that. This guy is smart enough not to hold the camera with one hand and get you car sick while juggling the whole video like the others. Again....no endorsement but I have this one bookmarked for when time comes.
  11. Rampelstiltskin

Rear wheel well liners

This is on a 1500 Rebel but it looks pretty much the same set-up. I got a set of rough Country liners and by looking at the layout from the YouTube vid and the 3 year old's crayon type instruction sheet included. This just may do it. There are two more vids but they are also on 1500s. Just...
  12. Rampelstiltskin

Dealer PDI

Hot Rodding...(giggle) Not that this applies here but back when I delivered diesel to the transport carrier at the Boston Seaport at Subaru Pier, Nascar pit stops were like funeral processions compared to how those Subaru cars came off the boat. All you could smell the whole time were miles...
  13. Rampelstiltskin

Digital Rearview mirror with truck cap

Corrected, thank you.