Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by R. Yates

1. R. Yates

My continuing air filter nightmare

I was tempted to look at it, but they're not that easy to get to either.
  2. R. Yates

My continuing air filter nightmare

My dealer claims there is a new version of the .........AA filter, and that's what they used on my truck. (2020)
  3. R. Yates

6.7 Engine Air Filter Confusion

You have to assume that they're going to install the right one, no? If they don't it's their problem. I was out $50 bucks because my truck didn't like the one that I installed. Plus all of the time screwing around trying to figure out which one will work.
  4. R. Yates

My best advice is pay the extra money and have the dealer replace the filter. That way it's their problem if a fault code returns. My 2020 truck came from the factory with the AB filter and now has the AA filter that the dealer installed. I can't explain it. The whole air filter sensitivity...
  5. R. Yates

I/M Readiness or OBD2 Readiness - Smog testing

Went to the DMV and they gave me a 2 month extension on the smog test, no questions asked. That's two, 2 month extensions now. One for being in repair for so long and then this one for not being ready to be smogged. Hopefully my upcoming trip to Olympic National Park will set these damn monitors.
  6. R. Yates

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
  7. R. Yates

Thanks. I can't believe we have to deal with this nonsense. My registration is already past due and I can't get it renewed until I get smogged...arrgh. I'll be calling the dealer today to see if they can do anything.
  8. R. Yates

I don't know why they are there, but now I can connect a scan tool to the obd connector fixed to the plastic housing.
  9. R. Yates

That's crazy. I wonder if the number of drive cycles makes a difference?
  10. R. Yates

Update on the DPF replacement. Another week later and a sensor was replaced and it's running good now but I couldn't smog it because a couple monitors need to reset, according to the smog guy. 120 miles later and they still are not reset. The air filter in it as far as I know is the AA unless...
  11. R. Yates

Anyone had to deal with this readiness thing in order to get smog tested? Smog guy said I had to drive around for 100-150 miles without the A/C on for them to do the smog test. They said it's probably been sitting too long. That I can confirm, it's been at the dealership getting repaired for 9...
  12. R. Yates

I bought it used from a guy who only had for less than a year. I suppose he might have done something to it because it was leveled and tinted, some chrome blacked out, and had huge wheels and tires. I'm not into that stuff so I put stock tires back on and removed the leveler. Not sure you mean...
  13. R. Yates

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out with the OBDlink people. It is the connector with 7 pins which happens to be dangling from a wiring harness. Not sure exactly what the deal is with that but I got it connected and found a P0299 fault. I can't believe it but it's going back to the dealer...
  14. R. Yates

The fault codes are P0299. There are two of them. Something about an "underboost condition." I couldn't clear them for some reason. DPF is filling up again. 30% after 20 to 30 miles.
  15. R. Yates

They go up under the dash somewhere. It's hard to see. I am the 2nd owner but I doubt the previous owner did anything to it like that. He only put 8k miles on it. He did have big fancy wheels on it and tinted it and had the front lifted.