Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by nozzzzz

1. N

Speed and Gear ratio programming for larger tires

Not re gearing. Just adjusting the ratio when I do the speed. Speed charts show an increase in speed of 3mph at 65mph and from what I've read on the subject, that requires a ratio adjustment as well from the 3.73 up to about 4.10........ THNX for reminder on the truck info in the signature...
  2. N

OK, for now am only looking to adjust speed and gear ratio for the larger tires. This is all new to me, hence the questions on what to do that will be simple and work as requested though some throttle adjustment would be great as the 2500 with the 6.4 is much more sluggish than the 5.7 in the...
  3. N

You have any idea if they are current (2024)? I saw AlphaOBD stuff, OBD link Mx+ online for sale. Also saw reference to vgate on the forum which is half the price as the AlphaOBD stuff, seems to be good as well. I may need to call the manufacturer directly as they don't state 2024 manageable and...
  4. N

By the way, how do you like your Timber Grove Air Bags. AM looking at putting them on as well. THNX
  5. N

Do you have a link or something that will get me there? I typed in Alpha OBD and am getting nothing in the Forum.......
  6. N

Need some suggestions from the Forum? Have a new 2024 Ram 2500, Big Horn, 4x4 that I would like to upsize the stock 285/60/20 tires to 35/12.5/20 and will need to update the speed and gear ration to finalize. Don't want to purchase the new tires until I have an understanding on the programmer...
  7. N

Lowering 2024, 2500 4x4 6.4 Big Horn

THNX Trying to keep away from going up.... Truck is already too high and if I put 35 inch tires on it will go up another 1.5 inch over stock already...
  8. N

Makes sense over springs on adjustability as well........ Can get CSS to build the springs needed for general purposes but the bags can be adjusted to a much wider range. Will have to discuss with them about the 1.5 vs 3 inch drop option as several have mentioned the growing concerns with more...
  9. N

THNX Will definitely check these out. Are they $1044 each or as a set? Never used airbags before as I have had no issues getting CSS to beef up the shorter springs in the past. Maybe because I'm not making drastic changes at 2 inches, just not sure. I've had people suggest bags before but never...
  10. N

Appreciate the link. Lot's of good information. Lot's to still consider. Trying to keep it fairly simple, not affect the suspension characteristics of the truck but also not to add on things I really don't need either. Done that too much in the past, hence going to the forum before the shop...
  11. N

Kind of my thoughts. Am not a mechanic by any stretch but have owned and changed a bunch of vehicles over the years, no issues.... I don't change things much relative to suspension side, really overall, just some small stuff like wheels, wider tires, exhaust as deep is nice, intake as more air...
  12. N

Any further understanding of Drive stress and wear would be appreciated? Have some saying that at that little change, and the length of the vehicle as opposed to say a Jeep, will be of little if any issue. I would rather err on the side of safety and no concerns as I have none now. This is the...
  13. N

For all the experts out there that have tried about everything, would it work if I contacted CSS and had them build me 2 inch lower springs to drop the tail of my truck and level it? As its 4WD I know there are concerns. I only need the 2 inches drop. I know a bunch will hate this but I am not a...
  14. N

Has anyone added the Magnaflow exhaust to their Gen 4.5 Hemi?

Just installed the new Flowmaster FX catback system on my 2024 2500 6.4 and it sounds good, much better than the nothing stock system. Flowmaster has two complete systems for the 2500 and I opt for the FX as it was was only $875 on the Flowmaster site. Got RealTrucks to match it and shipping was...