Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Nothotdog

1. N

2025 Ram Heavy Duty To Get New ZF Powerline® 8-Speed

Thought I'd share a video with a diesel mechanic's thoughts. He seems to have fairly reasonable points (but I'm not well versed in any of this)
  2. N

Left turn signal activates high beams. 2023 2500

I had the exact same issue and it was a part of a recall: https://www.chrysler.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/B2A.pdf I took it in, they did a software refresh and it resolved it. They did say that if the refresh didn't work, they'd have to take apart the steering wheel.
  3. N

Mismatched spare tire?

Thanks! I'm thinking the play may be like you suggest, where if a rear tire fails, swap out a front tire and put the spare on the front.
  4. N

2023 Power Wagon Rebel - lift kit or leveling kit

I stumbled across this comparison between a '24 Rebel (Hemi) and '24 PW. Although it was looking at a Hemi Rebel, I thought it was a little interesting
  5. N

Mismatched spare tire?

I'm not quite at the point where I will get new tires, but I've been going back and forth between 35 and 37. Would you think there is a chance that a 37" spare would fit under the bed if it was deflated quite a bit (with the assumption that I have a solid compressor to air it up if/when needed)?
  6. N

Dash Cam Recommendations

Haha yep! I think I took it in October
  7. N

Dash Cam Recommendations

I installed this a few months back: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-ram-today.1987/post-282709 I didn't get the rear camera hookup, but install was pretty simple. I liked that it fits seamlessly with the mirror, I basically forget that it is there. There is...
  8. N

Post Pics of your 2019+ 2500 or 3500!

A little bit of snow while at work:
  9. N

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I had a RetraxPro MX cover installed (by a shop, not myself). So far, I really like it, it seems sturdy and can be locked. Of course, it is not water tight, as it will seep water on the inside of the tailgate. Here it is closed: Here it is half open: Here it is fully opened from the side...
  10. N

MDS question

I don't notice it too much at lower speeds. I do notice if I am going up an incline and it hasn't yet shut off. On my dash (and I'd assume other newer HDs have it), it will light up a green "ECO" symbol when it engages (on the lower right). The only time I really noticed it being pronounced...
  11. N

AEV ProCal Snap Not Compatible with 2023's?

I also viewed this as CYA. I read somewhere (I think on these forums) that there used to be two PSI listings on the door sticker, unladen and laden, but now they just give one for when the truck is max payload. I'm not a lawyer and have yet to need to argue for coverage, but I would find it...
  12. N

Used PW vs New 6.4

I was in a somewhat similar situation as you with respect to wanting an HD over 1500, just because I wanted it. I knew I wouldn't come anywhere near needing a diesel nor would I ever need a high payload capacity or tow capacity, so I opted for a PW. I figured I would much more likely use the...
  13. N

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Correct, it does not record GPS nor vehicle speed. It looks like it only captures the date/time. Here is a snapshot that I took from the app with it set to the highest resolution:
  14. N

Selectable Tire Pressure Monitoring System (STPMS)

Ya, I pulled that off to get to them. I think there is a pin on the connector that you have to push (like with a small screw driver), but I couldn't quite get it to work (and had some trouble seeing inside). I have a snake camera somewhere that I can use to get a better look to see where I need...
  15. N

Selectable Tire Pressure Monitoring System (STPMS)

Ok thanks! Ya, I wouldn't use the AEV, I just think it will probably be a pain to get the bypass to disconnect from the green star connector. When I initially installed the bypass, the Snap was not pairing with my truck (turns out it was due to it being an older Snap that didn't work with the...