Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by mwalsh9152

1. M

Plow Installation

It's an 8'. My Bronco is on one ton axles and has a 7.3 Powerstroke. Good to know. I couldn't find anything related to installation, but it might have been my search words.
  2. M

Plow Installation

Have any of you installed a plow on your truck yourself? Its time to retire my Bronco. It has a Meyer Diamond edge blade on it thats still in very good shape. I'm thinking $700 for the truck side mounts would be my cheapest bet. When I put the plow on the Bronco, it took me about a day including...
  3. M

Couple questions about options on a 2024 2500 Rebel

I just went in and was able to configure a diesel with the switches
  4. M

What do you guys use the 110v outlet for?

I barely use mine. Only instances were laptop if I needed to work out of the truck for a while, or if I had a severely depleted phone and I was in the truck for a shorter hop and wanted to take advantage of fast charging with a cord out of my travel bag.
  5. M

Interior Lights Staying On

so yep, Im a dumbass and completely forgot about those interior light switches next to the tailgate release. I have never used them, and just reach up and hit the tailgate button by feel.
  6. M

Another adding heated seats and steering wheel to 22 Tradesman thread

I never use it, but I am 99% sure that my laramie with an 8.4 non nav has auto climate.
  7. M

Hmmm, I will have to look. I wasnt aware there was a switch up there.
  8. M

Randomly today, I started the truck and the interior lights wont shut off like they should. I have shut the truck off a few times since, and the problem remains. No problem during the day, but it will be a problem at night. Doors are closed, and the open door light isnt illuminated. Anyone seen...
  9. M

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

I think today makes 2 years since I took delivery of my 2021. It just turned 66K the other day.
  10. M

New Battery

Exactly. Without a VRLA profile it would dry out pretty quick. Gel batteries suck for just about every situation.
  11. M

Gas mileage

'21 Megacab 2500 with 4:10s will get about 16 with my normal highway speeds, which are aggressive. If I set the cruise at 55 I will get 19, but I aint got time for that!
  12. M

New Battery

Im not aware of anyone that makes a gel battery in automotive spec. As has been mentioned, Optima used to be great, but they moved production to Mexico (I believe after being sold) and quality suffered. I have not heard either way on them in the past few years. Odyssey, or Northstar is the...
  13. M

87 Octane is OK for 6.4L Hemi?

87 is fine. I have tried higher octanes a few times, but there was no noticeable difference in performance, or fuel mileage.
  14. M

2024 Truck Details

I suspect that a Cummins / Allison combo would add significant cost. While it would certainly be worth it to some, I think it would price others out of the Ram. There should be a standard gasser and a HD towing option, much like Ford and GM have done for those people and fleets that are done...
  15. M

Panicking about skinny jeans?

I would occasionally set off the panic alarm in my truck. I now make sure to put the fob in my pocket with the buttons facing in towards my leg, and the problem went away. The problem with my fobs chewing through batteries persists though. I've never seen fobs need batteries so often.