Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Mellowmoods

1. Mellowmoods

Buying a 3/4 ton truck this weekend and need some advice

Working out the numbers on this 2016 RAM 2500 Laramie with 104k miles. It's in really really nice shape from what I could see and appears to have been well taken care of. We'll see how it all comes together and I don't get screwed somewhere by the dealership. So far I've been battling them on a...
  2. Mellowmoods

So... this was not the truck I ended up picking up after test driving several trucks yesterday. I'm most likely picking up a 2016 RAM 2500 with 103k miles on it this week. Thanks everyone for your advice!
  3. Mellowmoods

Thank you. I appreciate your input. I was thinking the same but I'm not an expert in any way.
  4. Mellowmoods

Yikes! Good spot. I totally agree... What else could be neglected or missed in the inspection? I know they were mainly concerned with the mechanics of the engine and such, but you would think this would stick out like a sore thumb at least a little bit.
  5. Mellowmoods

So... I had the dealer take a picture under one of the trucks (the one with the lift kit) and there is some rust on the undercarriage. This may be completely normal and nothing to worry about but I would love your thoughts!! It has 122k miles on it.
  6. Mellowmoods

Thanks everyone. I think I am going to take a serious look at a 2015 Laramie and a 2016 Laramie (both 2500's) tomorrow. Same price, The 2015 has 122k miles and the 2016 has 108k. The 2015 has an AEV Pro Comp lift kit with 27's... the 2016 is basically stock but has the advantage of the 2016...
  7. Mellowmoods

Thanks... a 3500 is cool but since this is a daily driver I would assume a 2500 would ride better. Maybe I am wrong?
  8. Mellowmoods

New Member! I'm thinking of upgrading to a 2500 and would love some feedback!

No D* thoughts here. As you saw... someone mentioned for me to ask some of the questions here and I said there was another post elsewhere. All good. :-)
  9. Mellowmoods

I'm pushing payload on a PowerWagon apparently. Plus I could use the better mileage. If I load the trailer and fill with water/fuel, I would definitely be pushing the Power Wagon payload.
  10. Mellowmoods

FYI... I'm also considering other brands too :oops:... but have always owned a RAM for over 20 years.
  11. Mellowmoods

Thank you! Because this is my first used vehicle purchase... and a high mileage used vehicle purchase.... I want to avoid purchasing a problematic year for Cummins or the transmission. I'd buy a truck from MYSELF because I know how I treat/maintain my vehicles. I'm cautious about buying someone...
  12. Mellowmoods

Hello! I did post a little in the 4th Generation RAM HD General Discussion. Because this was a welcome thread, I didn't want to clog it with questions. I definitely need to upgrade to a 2500 (3500 is overkill) since I'm over my payload capacity on my 1500 Hemi once I put my family in the truck...
  13. Mellowmoods

.Well... it's 10k empty. It will be probably closer to 12k loaded (and if went boondocking, then it would be full of water/fuel) and the tongue weight is more my issue on my current truck. I will be over max payload once my family is in the truck... when the trailer is loaded up that creates...