Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by masterbeat

1. masterbeat

2022 Ram Tow/Trailer Camera Options

Thanks @Jimmy07 ... I figured out that part was the trailer surround. It's very weird that when you put that part # in, a ton of Mopar sites list it as a 'backup camera' which is super misleading. I already have the trailer surround. I guess we just keep waiting hoping that eventually the...
  2. masterbeat

Hey @Radiometer1 and @Jimmy07 (and anyone else following!) First, thanks for that quick reply... I was aware that 68586112AA would work but that it's been discontinued and is hard to find (I search for it often). What I'm mainly trying to find out by resurfacing this thread is that there are...
  3. masterbeat

Hey all, (and @Jimmy07 because you always know EVERYTHING, lol) - sorry to be adding to this never ending thread, about cameras, but it seems to be one of the best Q&A's. Now that we're into April of 2024 and I see dealers have 2024 RAM trucks on lots that have the 'wired camera kit" - I'm...
  4. masterbeat

2023 Trailer Towing Cameras & Surround Cameras - Available or Not? And how to order a config that will work...

@pr3dict I love this idea, lol. I've literally thought about finding a 2023 truck for sale on a dealer lot that shows it has the tow camera option, ask for a test drive then swipe out the camera. I'm so #$#^%$*#(&^%# pissed off at RAM right now. It's insane that i dropped $108,000 on a fully...
  5. masterbeat

2023 Trailer Towing Cameras & Surround Cameras - Available or Not? And how to order a config that will work...

Hi @jsalbre and @Jimmy07 - ok, are you ready for this head scratcher? If I go to the TRAILER page in the camera page or through the apps, it tells me that there is not a trailer with Surround attached (even though it IS attached). And then Trailer Surround is grayed out. But, if i go to the...
  6. masterbeat

Yes agreed, the gateways look identical which was confusing to the dealer and why they were trying to put it behind the instrument cluster and replace whatever gateway was already there, completely crashing the truck. In the end, the dealer could never figure out how to activate the gateway or...
  7. masterbeat

Got it, that makes sense, but then are you actually saying that a RAM dealer can't even use their own software or tools to add this feature to a RAM that didn't come with it, even though RAM advertises it can be added later? You literally HAD to order it from RAM with the cameras for...
  8. masterbeat

Hi @Jimmy07 - i knew you'd come to the rescue and answer lightning quick. You're amazing. Yes, the first picture you have above of the wTech Topology is exactly what my dealer showed me. The TSVCM box at the bottom of the tree was grayed out and they couldn't click on it or do anything. I...
  9. masterbeat

Hey everyone following this thread about Trailer Surround Cameras... are you ready for a laugh? If we can't laugh about this I actually want to cry. Or scream. The ongoing saga with getting Trailer Surround Cameras to work continues... To summarize, based on original answer to my first...
  10. masterbeat

@jsalbre thanks for the update... when you say you'll install a 2022 DRVM - is that in a 2023 vehicle you'll do that? Is that a remote possibility that I could take my 2023 DVRM out and replace with a 2022 one to get a working trailer camera? It's frigging insane we have to that with a brand...
  11. masterbeat

Hey @Turin - I share all the same frustrations. It's insane they are making these amazing 2023 trucks and tout in every bit of sales literature and their website all the amazing camera features, but ACTUALLY GETTING THOSE DAMN CAMERAS is next to impossible, even when ordering everything. I...
  12. masterbeat

Thank you so much for this quick and detailed response with links @Jimmy07 ! Let me know what you find out about the 2022 tow mode camera working! I do have Aux1 and Aux2, so it sounds like I will need to use AlfaOBD. I'll order that. Is it pretty straightforward to use and enable, or do...
  13. masterbeat

Hey forum and @jsalbre - the brand new Ram 3500 Limited arrived today... as discussed above, it was ordered with Limited Level One, Surround Camera, and has all the connections on the bumper (12 pin and digital camera inputs).... does anyone know the part #'s to now order the wired tow mode...
  14. masterbeat

Hey there, thank you. I am ordering a LIMITED. It's letting me order the digital rearview mirror and the surround camera system (on the vehicle itself). So you're confident that if I order that (planned build attached) - that I will later be able to order the 'wired tow mode camera' and the...