Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by kennelpj

1. kennelpj

Regen every 100+\- miles

What's your driving look like? All city/short trips? Are you strictly hwy and towing? How you uses your truck will have a major effect on your DPF and regen cycle.
  2. kennelpj

Uconnect 12.0 Update

I thought I read somewhere that USB stick you use needs to be 32GB or less, is that true? Cant seem to find that info again. Asked the wife to get me a fresh one from the store and she got a 64GB. Will that still work?
  3. kennelpj

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

nice to see some people reporting positive feedback. A lot of times people only reply to a thread when they have an issue or complaint. I'm still on 25.06...can't get the OTA to work even when connected to my home wifi. And according to the UC5 website, my VIN is on the latest version...
  4. kennelpj

weather App

I, like many others, have never been able to open the weather app. Has anyone successfully used the traffic/travel service? I have the option selected to view traffic flow in the nav settings. But I have not seen any sort of traffic represented on the screen. My last GMC used colors on the nav...
  5. kennelpj

AlfaOBD

Just got my MX+. I'm debating using an old android phone or getting a cheap tablet dedicated to it to keep in the truck. Before I download the $50 app and start tinkering, can the app be reinstalled on different devices or do you have to pay per device?
  6. kennelpj

Uconnect Wifi dead for good?

Wait, so you didn't like what I said, but felt a need to reply. Yet say if I don't like something, I shouldnt reply? Bit hypocritical! Though I am genuinely curious if you carry a cell phone becuase that's way more likely to be tracked than a vehicle. Cars are usually shared in a household...
  7. kennelpj

Uconnect Wifi dead for good?

You Do you not carry a cell phone? Phones are just tracking devices that also make phone calls. You can take off you tin hat, no one cares that JimKIII is driving to Costco to get more toilet paper rolls
  8. kennelpj

weather App

I pay for XM and have never had the weather app work
  9. kennelpj

Uconnect 12.0 Update

I used to think that my mirrors were the primary method for backing up, and the cameras "shouldn't be trusted" but the 360 cam with front and rear park alerts has really changed my view. Its an awesome tool and I use it like 90% of the time now.
  10. kennelpj

I need Made in USA to be better than this!!

190 deg. 78 year old lady had 3rd degree burns from it. Sepnt 8 days in the hospital getting skin grafts. I don't think you would fair any better when faced with a similar incident mr tough guy
  11. kennelpj

I need Made in USA to be better than this!!

Just as an FYI, the famous lawsuit of the woman burned by McDonalds coffee was 100% justified. She suffered severe burns from a cup of coffee way hotter than it should have been served with a loose top on it. She had extreme burns in her crotch and legs and had extensive medical bills as a...
  12. kennelpj

Uconnect 12.0 Update

I am still on S21C.6-PROD... When I go to the Uconnect website and enter my VIN it says im on the most up to date software. Would greatly appreciate someone sharing the USB load files if they know where to get them.
  13. kennelpj

Engine temperatures with cold weather nose cover ?

Are you towing? Unloaded, I rarely get over 200deg for oil temp. Unless climbing a mountain fast. Towing I regularly see above 210 at highway speeds
  14. kennelpj

Got the DEF see dealer message yesterday

exactly. The dealer is not paying for climate controlled transport either. Those things are stacked 5 high on a pallet and shipped via the cheapest option available in a truck experiencing cold winter highways and sitting in the blazing heat of a trailer during the summers. Then it gets dropped...
  15. kennelpj

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Bittersweet answer I guess. I know im not alone in this issue and there mystery is solved, but kind of sucks that this message basically says "yeah sorry, its gonna happen". Especially since its at the point close to my house so I'll hit it on my way out and into the neighborhood. Thanks for...