Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Kauffmj1

1. K

2022 Power Wagon Build

That is a solid look with the brown seats and green paint! Crazy how hard it is to get anything but black seats and interior anymore.
  2. K

2022 Power Wagon Build

How many miles do you have that the starter pooped out already? Either you have logged some impressive miles or its another case of 'boy, stuff sure is made sh*tty now'. Haha.
  3. K

Fluid Film

Interesting. I'll have to climb under there and see if they sprayed in there. I would assume a rubber plug would be the better idea there vs tape if its fluid filmed inside to prevent condensation and rust.
  4. K

Fluid Film

Curious where there is tape. I paid to have mine sprayed, but it sounds like this could have been something missed that I should check on mine.
  5. K

Let’s see your wagons with 35 and 37’s

Damn good looking truck. Crazy you can run small-ish 37s on there with little-to-no rubbing. I'm torn what to do with mine when the time comes. I know 35s will keep towing and power happy, buy so hard to pass up the look of how 37s fill the wheelwell. God bless you for going with a black...
  6. K

Can’t decide: Rebel Cummins or P. wagon

I'm a jeep guy as well and even though you don't want to use that front locker often, if you do real off-roading, its nice to have. Especially in a vehicle as large and heavy as a PW. I've towed my 4 door JK with 35s, steel skid plates and steel bumpers and power wise, the truck doesn't seem...
  7. K

Fluid Film

I had it applied for the first time this year before my truck saw salt. I usually keep my vehicles for 8-12 years. The only reason I bought the Powerwagon was my 2009 GMC rusted so badly that I could put my fist through holes in the body and the fenders and bumpers were basically being held...
  8. K

Why Ram?

I love my 23 Powerwagon and got an ok discounted deal by COVID standards, but it does make me want to puke when I see how much less the 2019 and 2020 trucks were. Especially since my 23 is essentially the same truck with very few different options. I should have ditched my rusty GMC pre-pandemic!
  9. K

Minimum steps/rails

I will say that if your offroading consists of dragging the truck over rocks, I would avoid those lighter-duty ones that attach to the pinch seam/ body area. I had the factory Rubicon rock rails on my Jeep that attached in the same way, and they ended up still contacting the body and ripping...
  10. K

Why Ram?

I'm 46 now and I've owned GM half tons since I was 20. About 6-7 different GM trucks that were mostly pretty good. Swore I would be a GM guy for life. Then the 2018-19 styling refresh came around and I just could not get around how ugly they made the GM trucks. That was also the time they...
  11. K

Man, I am so torn on running 35s vs 37s on mine. The 35s will keep everything happy power and towing-wise with zero mods required, but I worry they will still leave the wheel wells empty looking.
  12. K

Are those 37x12.5? They look great on the truck!
  13. K

Squeaking Sound

Haha. My tonneau also does a great job of that. Makes it sound like I left a bag of loose rocks in the bed when it builds up.
  14. K

Squeaking Sound

Its just pressed over a thin piece of the bed metal. You should be able to push it out and then pull it off with no fasteners or tools. Not really sure what its there for. Never had a truck with something like that between the cab and bed.
  15. K

Squeaking Sound

I had it too on my 23 PW. It was the rubber piece between the bed and cab. I took it off, trimmed it so it wouldn't touch and the sound has been gone ever since.