Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jrrando

1. J

Fuel filters changed after 10k/15 months

The cat spin on filter seems to help overall. Front filter seemed really clean. 10k / 15 months between filter change. 118k overall miles. Trying to keep the fuel as clean as possible. Mopar filter up front/Baldwin filter in the back with the add on cat filter kit. Overkill?
  2. J

2019 3500 Dually 6.7 uses a lot of fuel during regen

Update….I change the pressure sensor for the dpf. I dont think that was it….what I did do was bounce it off the rev limiter a few times and left it there for a few seconds. I don’t think you can really hurt these things if your sensible about it. It completely changed the way the dpf regens...
  3. J

Seems like every time I drive it…I’m lucky and have a work car so it doesn’t get driven much. I have the CEL code for regen too often P2459
  4. J

I’m not talking about a drop in mpg….the actual gauge drops a noticeable amount. How can putting that much fuel into the exhaust to clean a filter make any sense?
  5. J

It seems like this thing regens a lot. I can get out on the highway and run it a little and it will do its thing and reset. Fuel gauge goes down enough that I can notice. How much fuel do these things use during a regen cycle? Filter prob not plugged as it does reset. Are there "pressure" type...