Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jpidgie

1. jpidgie

Carli Backcountry — Driveway Install — '21 RAM 3500

What a great write up. Thanks for sharing! The truck looks amazing. Not sure if the tire pressure monitoring has changed in the newer years, but my 2019 3500 has TPIS, not TPMS (information vs. monitoring) you can see what the pressure is, but it will not alert you if pressure is lost. Sadly, I...
  2. jpidgie

The sway bar delete thread slapfest FKA What Rockcrawlerdude did TO his RAM today?

Thanks for the input! I've been wanting to do it for a while now. Has anyone tried it with a Cummins? At the time, I couldn't think of a better term other than "panic turn" lol, how about "obstacle avoidance". Just how it reacts if you have to suddenly avoid something in the middle of the...
  3. jpidgie

The sway bar delete thread slapfest FKA What Rockcrawlerdude did TO his RAM today?

very curious to hear how the truck handles taking corners, panic turns, towing etc... I've wanted the Carli bar, but between the cost and the 12 week lead time, it is a tough buy for me.
  4. jpidgie

Has anyone leveled a 3500 with the auto level rear air suspension?

@millertime76 - here is what I did to get the rear back to level, install both the leaf spring spacer and the airbag spacer. Both can be purchased on Amazon, and install is a breeze. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075F3HDCD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1...
  5. jpidgie

What did you do TO your RAM today?

looks great! any trimming needed?
  6. jpidgie

I didn't install the trackbar with my level kit either. The drivers side does extend about 1/2" further than the passenger side. After 20k miles, tire wear is normal, she tracks true down the road, and other than the visual of the tire, I cant really say that I've noticed. Having said this, I...
  7. jpidgie

@Matty Rich - The Ram 3500 air assist airbags do not add comfort to the ride. They are used as supplemental support to keep the truck level when loaded down. The spacers and links that you are reading about above have been added to help lift the trucks for clearing larger tires. Now... if you...
  8. jpidgie

Why did you choose a 3500?

I chose mine after test driving both the 2500 and 3500 and noticed that there wasn't a horrible difference in ride quality between the two. Ultimately, I'd like to upgrade my TT to a 5th wheel, and didn't want to limit the size/weight of the trailer too much. As mine is driven daily, I could...
  9. jpidgie

@Wvmountaineer87 I do also have the airbag spacers; forgot to mention them. The spacers, blocks, many tiny sensor adjustments, combined with much lower tire air pressures - 45 in the front 40 in the rear, results in the best overall ride quality that I've found (on 35's). Tire wear is even and...
  10. jpidgie

I installed 2.5" Carli levelling coils, and 1" rough country leveling blocks in the rear. The rear is sitting about 3/4" taller than the front. I personally wouldn't recommend 'lifting' the rear end with the factory airbags with adjustable links. There is a way that you can micro-adjust the...
  11. jpidgie

Diesel Preheat

Weird thing happened a couple of weeks ago. 2019 3500 SO, stored in an unheated garage, I don't use the block heater. Regardless of the outside temps, the temps in the garage usually never dip below the 30's: outdoor temps were low, in the teens. Leaving for my office one dat, I jumped in and...
  12. jpidgie

Onboard Air and Bags

I asked this a long time ago, and recall that the air suspension system is a closed system, filled with nitrogen, and cannot be used for other accessories or modified. ARB and Vlair compressors are pretty popular around here.
  13. jpidgie

6.7 Tuning without delete?

Might be snake oil, but my S&B sure does make it sound better :)
  14. jpidgie

AlfaOBD

This occurs whenever the headlights are on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. jpidgie

AlfaOBD

Gondul they don’t blink, they turn on until you return the wheel to center. I assume that it is to help show you where the curbs are. I’ve tried everything in the Uconnect, and the closest is “steering directed lights” but that only controls the headlight direction, not the fogs. Sent from...