Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by johnnyroastbeef

1. J

Shifting out of park

Mine hasn't done it in a while but if I recall correctly, if i take my foot off the brake while in Park...tap the gas pedal lightly and then reapply the brake, it will come out of park.
  2. J

A/C always runs when fan is on - how to get fresh air only?

My '19 does the same thing...when i hit MAX AC the AC light turns off but the fan kicks into turbo mode. Makes no sense.
  3. J

Battery Insulation needed??

I replaced both batteries on my 19 2500 CTD but forgot to install the wool looking insulation around each battery. I assume it's to keep some of the engine heat from cooking the batteries? I know I'm lazy...but do I need it?
  4. J

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

@progatschnigg I also have the 19 Limited and even with the TSB done the AC leaves much to be desired. Your "custom sensor" sounds like an easy fix, do you need a scanner or any reprogramming to make it work?
  5. J

12.1 uconnect stuck on controls w no other screen

I've had the same issue a few times. Tried pulling over and shutting it off and immediately restarting and it didn't fix it. I usually am on the way to work whgen it's happened, so I shut it down and after the work day is over I start it up again and everything has returned to normal.
  6. J

Very slight rub with 35s, best option?

I have the Nittos in 35x11.5 on stock rims and they still rub slightly on full lock.
  7. J

2500 Leveling Kit

Just wondering if you guys all just clamp a set of Vise-Grips on the very top of the piston to tighten them? I've always done it that way but I'm wondering if there is a better way?
  8. J

Electronic Stability Control

What did the dealer end up doing in your case?
  9. J

Several trouble codes

i'm going to get my mechanic to replace the ABS module, here are the codes:
  10. J

Abs, traction control, trailer brake service messages

Every time it rains hard overnight and I start my truck in the morning i get the ABS light light, Trailer Brake fault, no 4wd avaible, and no traction control lights. so now i'm convinced it's either a bad ground common to all those modules or a bad power wire that's common to all those...
  11. J

2500 Leveling Kit

That sucks, i know the feeling. I've crawled around under there trying to find a loose nut or bolt and have not had any luck. I have not pulled the spring out completely and checked those smaller bolts that hold in the bucket on the top so maybe that's next.
  12. J

2500 Leveling Kit

Mine does it when I hit a somewhat bigger bump in the road going 15 ish mph. Usually going through an intersection where the two road surfaces don't meet flush or there is some kinda drop off between the 2 surfaces. Not sure that's a great explanation...
  13. J

2500 Leveling Kit

I did use the shock extensions that came with the kit. I suspected they were the cause of the clunk so pulled them off and bought new, slightly longer, billstein shocks. Clunk remains... so I'm still stumped. Sorry I can't be more help but if you find the culprit let me know!