Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by JimKIII

1. J

Key Proximity Issues

When you say you validated with a volt meter, what reading did you get? I had the same issue with both my fobs yesterday. One 2032 3v battery registered 3.1v the other 3.0 v. I replaced the batteries and both fobs work. A good 2032 3v battery will read 3.3 or 3.4v. Anything less, at least in...
  2. J

6 month review

Thanks for the tip! BTW, is this a mod that will break the warranty? With the way dealers are these days, I'm hesitant to do anything to my truck that would allow them to deny warranty work.
  3. J

1000 mile range

Great mileage!
  4. J

Oil Cap Sludge

I wish I had had the tools, space, and know how to do that back then, but I had none of that.
  5. J

Oil Cap Sludge

I bought a worn '67 GTO in Alabama (Maxwell AFB, 1975) for $300. It didn't run, so I had it towed to the barracks parking lot. It was going to be my first-ever muscle car. I rebuilt the Rochester 4-barrel in my barracks room. I had previously rebuilt a VW bug carb so I figured I was well...
  6. J

Too much oil and poor dealer help

Wow! This is a real live lemon POS. As has been mentioned above a couple of times, I'd hate to be a dealer right now with this crap. Poor guy probably wishes he were retired. I think now you're gong to be able to unload this POS with a full refund. Hopefully, they'll throw in some $'s for...
  7. J

That lack of communication is BS. My truck was at a dealership for two months having a defective transmission replaced. There were problems with deliveries, broken-on-arrival coolers, and lack of techs. But, I received a text from the dealer every 2-to-3 days giving me updates. Sometimes the...
  8. J

@Dinky503, what's the latest with your issue?
  9. J

Fuel in oil

Check out this thread: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/too-much-oil-and-poor-dealer-help.16121/
  10. J

What fuses to pull to disable ability to start my truck?

Thank you. Much easier than disconnecting the battery. :cool:
  11. J

How did you disable that? I just installed jimm07's device (works perfectly), but it would be nice to have a method whereas the truck doesn't send a signal. That'd be one way to keep idiots from even poking around.
  12. J

I just installed the @Jimmy07 device and it works 100% as designed. Thank you @Jimmy07!!
  13. J

Hemi knocking

I meant to click a sad face, not a thumbs up.
  14. J

Pros / Cons of Certain Features (Custom Order vs Dealer Inventory)

So true. With the discount Mark Dodge gave me I had enough money to: 1)buy a plane ticket from WA to LA, 2)spend 10 nites in a hotel for the 3,000 mile drive home (I took my sweet time), 3)pay my 10% license fee/taxes, and 4)pocket almost $2,000. MD's courtesy range is, I think, 250 miles.
  15. J

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

I've had USAA since the mid-70s, auto insurance only. For the past 10 years I've had their homeowner's ins as well and notice the crazy $ increase. I hate to have to shop around, but now I must - and not succumb to sentimentality. Money is money and insurance is bleeding me dry.