Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by JimInHB

1. J

Dealer practices: fuel filter with oil change on Cummins?

Seriously. I would have thought $400 was crazy but if it was mostly parts at MSRP, fine. But they charged me two hours of labor and wanted to charge 3 hours of labor to do it. This seems like highway robbery to me…
  2. J

That’d be great, please do post or DM me - I was literally in San Clemente yesterday and next time I’ll happily pay someone else a reasonable rate to do it.
  3. J

Yeah I paid 460 for 3 oil changes including tire rotation, which given the pain of the 40s I was fine with. But the $600-700 for the fuel filter swap is outrageous, I’m tempted to call Ram about it.
  4. J

2021 Prospector XL

No issues so far, temps seem totally normal. I’ve only actually had them all on at once for a few hours in total (and man, when you’re running a trail at night in pitch black, soooo worth it), but it was cool enough at night that heat was not really a concern. Haven’t tried running them in...
  5. J

2021 Prospector XL

LOL happy to oblige, I’ll take some this weekend. :D One thing about driving a truck like this is that it’s a conversation starter, at gas stations, parking, at red lights… which I don’t mind at all but sometimes the wife is rolling her eyes at me chatting with everyone.
  6. J

2021 Prospector XL

Actually the Line-X is totally care free - I basically never wash it and when I do it’s either just rinsing with water or at most dish soap, which is what the installer told me. I love it and it doesn’t pinstripe even with pretty serious brush. That step is this one, though I also have this...
  7. J

2021 Prospector XL

Here’s my 2021 Prospector XL, on a Limited Megacab with Ramboxes, with the body Line-Xed, and my boy Arrow, taken on top of the Main Divide Road between Orange County and Riverside.
  8. J

Ram Box? Yay or Nay

Use them every day and would absolutely get them again.
  9. J

Yeah I agree - even if you added time to put it on a lift, charging two or three hours of labor to swap these strikes me as straight up dishonest.
  10. J

Dealer ended up offering a “discount” to $600 for doing the filters, $300 in parts and $300 as an ostensibly discounted labor rate. Is the Ram book rate to swap the filters really several hours of labor? This strikes me as outrageous.
  11. J

delete

I’m honestly curious how much dust folks are getting in the intake without these - with the 40s and the lift I feel like my air intake is already 4’+ off the ground and at the front, and when I’m wheeling I’m not often driving close enough behind others to be getting a lot of dust from folks in...
  12. J

Took my 2021 in for service today and noticed while driving home that it said oil life was back to 100% but fuel filter life still said 22%, and when I checked the service paperwork it did not indicate the fuel filter had been changed even though these are near the same intervals as the oil &...
  13. J

AEV suspension discussion thread

Speaking as a Prospector XL owner who has spent more than a few hours off roading pretty hard - harder than my service tech likes, hard enough to be shaking parts off & loose, etc. - I know I could get a softer ride but I’ve also thrown a literal ton of cargo in the bed a few times and I quite...
  14. J

Howdy All

Thanks, happy to be here! Currently reading threads on dashcam installs, color me conflicted at best about hardwiring...
  15. J

For Sale: OEM Folding Bed Cover ('21 Megacab Limited Option - Rambox Version)

Humorously when the dealer ordered my AEV Prospector XL, they ordered it with the vertical spare tire carrier and also with the factory bed cover, which will obviously not actually fit on the truck with the spare tire carrier mounted in the bed. They delivered it in the back seat, where it...