Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jgouldski

1. J

Adding OEM Heated Steering Wheel and Seats

Could we get a summary of part numbers needed? Gonna do my own research and update this as I go, but so far I got: Driver seat: Passenger seat: Steering wheel: Clock spring: 68425689 Center stack: 68370125 (this is for manual climate controls with an 8.4 screen)
  2. J

Winter Front Grille Cover - Installed

After perusing this thread, I believe I haven't seen a reply with my exact truck and trim in regards to the grille cover, so I figured I should get confirmation. I have a 2019 2500 big horn gasser. Does anyone know which cover would fit my truck? I found 82216096 after searching parts websites...
  3. J

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

I added this to my 2019 2500 Big Horn and mine did not have the proper hood latch. I had to order the hood latch with hood ajar sensor, then run 2 wires to the harness underneath the fuse box where the wires from the BCM terminate for the hood ajar sensor to operate. You could also run the wires...
  4. J

Bak Revolver X4S install on a 2019 2500 long box - big gaps at sides?

Sorry for the delay. Haven't measured my truck box yet, but the bad cover is 61-9/16" from tooth to tooth - the part that receives the actual latch that rotates up when the end of the cover is pushed down.
  5. J

Sorry I was away for work. Called them just now and quickly explained my situation and the lady immediately said "yep, must be a manufacturing defect, we'll send you a new one". I'll do some measurements of my truck box and the bad cover so you can confirm fitment before you even try putting it on.
  6. J

I sent in these exact pictures at their request as part of their pre-written email reply, and they just sent more shims. May be time to talk to an actual person and get some further actions. Damn. I had high hopes for this after seeing others' success with this or other Bak products.
  7. J

The pics are from before I installed the extra shims and also cut them and the originals in half to install even more. I realize it's not centered, this was during the initial install just to show that it's obviously never going to be 1/8" in gap on either side as it was. Has anyone else...
  8. J

How to pull the 8.4 radio to replace the 12v on top of the dash?

The 2 torx screws up top under the pad, then a firm pull. Will feel like you're gonna break something - very unnerving. Make sure the battery is disconnected, then undo all the connectors and the whole thing comes out. All sizes of radios/screens come out the same way.
  9. J

After-market rear window with manual slider.

Yeah I'm having a hard time finding the similar part for years prior to the 21s. Maybe they didn't have fixed window with defrost as an option then? Anyone know?
  10. J

Anyone know if this would fit a 19? I assume yes because the body is the same
  11. J

Was curious about this myself. Think they are slightly common in regular cabs. Also, is there a fixed rear window with defroster?
  12. J

Remote start added to 2020 Tradesman (SOLVED)

Can't answer your first question, but yes you can just solder buttons onto your existing fobs. All fobs come with the required circuitry, just no buttons if your truck wasn't optioned with remote start or remote tailgate release. You can test the tailgate release by removing the rubber fob cover...
  13. J

Tailgate release in the key fob already present EDIT: Mod complete and works!

So that I can start it from further than like 300m lol It'll be really handy for me since I work out of town, so starting it when the flight lands would be nice.
  14. J

Yeah, that's what I thought. I've read that a few times in various threads. Anyone know of an app or some other way to get the remote start to activate via your phone that is not with the Ram/Guardian app?
  15. J

Oh wow if this works it would be killer. Like the last reply asked though, I don't have wifi or nav. Would this still work?