Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jeffjcalweb

1. J

'19 2500 - steering sloppy or is it my imagination?

I picked up this '19 2500 about 4 - 5 weeks ago. I've only put on about 400 miles since purchase but this is my 4th 2500/3500 so I sort of think I'm pretty familiar with how they drive ... this truck though the steering is just very sloppy/loose - like having to make constant adjustments and...
  2. J

Are fuel additives recommended? (Dealer says no)

Those of us stuck in CA with ULSD would beg to differ....
  3. J

New to rams

Sorry Mr. FBI-EPA agent, nobody here knows a single thing about deletes. And nobody would actually post anything if we did. Which we don't.
  4. J

In cab wifi hotspot

$20/month unlimited data is pretty cheap. I keep my mobile plans pretty minimal with data plan, so having the truck wifi is by far cheaper then multiple phones with high data plans. so now my daughter can connect to truck wifi for whatever the heck she is doing on her phone, i can stream music...
  5. J

DEF Fluid

All the same as already said. Can buy it literally from anyone that has it on a shelf. Ideally only buy something a few months, certainly less than a year. And no need to keep the DEF tank at full, you want that crap to burn through as it does have a "shelf life" even in the tank.
  6. J

2500 GVWR Fudge Factor

You already are on the right track. The reality - meaning the physical reality - not some forum phantom illegal nonsense - the 2500 is only payload limited on paper (well whatever that sticker is made out of). You will never find a consensus on any truck forum between the two schools of...
  7. J

Help a new wanna be Ram owner out please...

Eh this far along and didn't see a single post that the payload sticker on a 2500 is a joke, means basically nothing, and that's just dang disappointing lol. But whatever. Anyway being you are towing pretty frequently and for decent distance, regardless of a 2500 or a 3500, I'd probably throw...
  8. J

New Diesel Owner - Advice Appreciated

You don't need to worry about regens, the truck will do what it needs to do w/out you being aware...if it does need your help, it will tell you on the console (i'm not being snarky, it will tell you if you need to drive longer so it can clear dpf filter). You might want to pick up some Hot...
  9. J

If I buy a '19 2500 from a dealer that's not a Ram dealer...

This was an interesting discussion lol... so I bought the truck. There was a Carfax (dealer provided) that showed the active recall. I updated my "Ram account" on the app w/the new VIN, shows recall there, of course no parts available. All good. Thanks for the feedback!
  10. J

Looking at this '19 2500 with Laramie 2 package - question about headlights...

Yep all looks good - I'm going to complete purchase today. I would have preferred to avoid the 2019-2020 but this is the first deal I've seen in a while that looks reasonable for a used truck. I would have also preferred to stay with my factory order with Granger, but it makes no sense to buy...
  11. J

If I buy a '19 2500 from a dealer that's not a Ram dealer...

I will still be covered with the FCA CP4 recall & repair, right? I know this truck I'm looking at fits in the recall, I can see it listed on the carfax report. I just want to make sure even if I buy it, this is from a Toyota dealer, that I'm not going to get screwed somehow out of the recall...
  12. J

Looking at this '19 2500 with Laramie 2 package - question about headlights...

Hi - I just came across a listing for a well equipped and very reasonable asking price '19 2500. The original window sticker is: Window Sticker The ad only has 2 pics, waiting for more from dealer tomorrow morning - but its hard for me to see clearly if the headlights are LED or not - so my...
  13. J

2500 air suspension question; How much weight can it level?

This is just out of curiosity. Anyone know - as in documented/measured - how much payload the 2500 air suspension is capable of handling before it gives up? Anyone aware of it not being able to level a typical 2500 payload rating, for example around 2,200 lbs?
  14. J

2022 2500 Laramie build - but not sure about Blind Spot Monitoring/Trailer Length features

Yea - I cancelled my order. The frustration between the Ram build and price website on almost a daily basis changing and not getting specific answers about my order, I'll just wait or keep my eyes out on a 2021 model.
  15. J

2022 2500 Laramie build - but not sure about Blind Spot Monitoring/Trailer Length features

I did ask - and waited - and finally got an answer, very frustrating. So the answer is "no" ... in 2021, the "tow technology package" specifically included BSM/trailer length - regardless of trim level. When my factory order was placed earlier this month, the answer I got today from Granger -...