Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jbncccb

1. jbncccb

Replacing tailgate questions

The tailgates are a bare shell just in case you didn't know. But you should be able to reuse all the original mechanical parts. I just replaced one on a 2500 and the cost was $1900 which included painting and reusing the mechanical parts. Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
  2. jbncccb

Beware cheap trailer tires

Found Carlisle RADIAL TRAIL HD 8 ply online for $85. Discount Tire matched the price. Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
  3. jbncccb

Fuel filter change

Docs Diesel. Buy all the filters in one kit. On my second set with no issues. Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
  4. jbncccb

Banks Pedal Monster

Once you have it you can't live without it. Really changes how the truck drives.
  5. jbncccb

Ceramic coating and PPF worth it or not..lets hear from the masses

Just for reference these dealer applied products are not true ceramic costings. To do a proper ceramic coating it will take typically 3 full days. They do paint preparation then apply ceramic in 1ft sections and cure that section with a UV light. It takes a lot of time that's why it's pricey...
  6. jbncccb

2022 HO throttle lag

Another vote for Pedal Monster. Hate driving the truck without it. Huge difference for me. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
  7. jbncccb

Valvoline Gen2

Gonna give this stuff a go. A bit cheaper then others, found it on the Cummins website. I found some initial reviews with some quality oil samples talking positive about it. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
  8. jbncccb

Banks pedalmonster question

Yes I've driven mine with it unplugged to the dealer. Worked just fine except it makes you realize how much the pedal monster makes a difference. You'll have that Y splitter in no more than a week I bet. Banks sells a splitter just for this issue. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
  9. jbncccb

Anyone else have the loose shift lever issue? Does it reoccur?

If under warranty there is a TSB on it. They change the entire assembly out. The replacement isn't supposed to work back loose. Not sure what's different. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
  10. jbncccb

Heated steering wheel issue

Thanks for getting back to the group and sharing. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
  11. jbncccb

Engine light because of after market air filter? 2020 2500 diesel

I've seen posts on it like you are describing, but like you I'm skeptical. I used Docs filter this last time with no issues. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
  12. jbncccb

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Stock and Houston, TX. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
  13. jbncccb

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Picked my 2019 up today. Dealer had it one full day. Even sent a video with the truck running with technician commenting on work performed. CP3 installed and new column shifter installed per the TSB. Merry Christmas to me. Good luck guys. First drive seemed normal to me. They even washed it...
  14. jbncccb

2022 Laramie 2500 seat stitches coming undone

A little related. There are many leather products on the market. I've always used this from a furniture store and had great success. My 2004 F150 leather seats were still in great shape in 2020 when I sold it for the Ram. Not saying this would have prevented a warranty issue, just referencing...
  15. jbncccb

That is my understanding. Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk