Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Jak6four

1. J

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

Sorry for late reply. I’m usually at 60mph or less with that combo. In Kalifornia the speed limit when towing is 55mph and our roads are so bad I‘d rather not beat up my boat and trailer by going much faster anyway.
  2. J

4.10 Gearing Daily mpg not towing?

2021 3500 hemi 4:10’s crew cab 4x4. Had the truck just over a year with about 7000 miles on it now. Empty averaging 15 highway/ 12 city but have gotten as high as 16.5 on two lane highways where I’m limited to 65 mph or less. With my 3000lb camper in the bed I get 11-12 highway, same pulling my...
  3. J

Towing with new 6.4L

With just over 1300 miles on the odometer I’m averaging 14 empty (measured, EVIC says 15.3) and just did 300 miles with my 3000lb camper in the bed averaging 10.9 (EVIC said 11.9). Our camping trip was up in the mountains so lots of long grades. Very happy with the fuel economy numbers.
  4. J

2021 HO SRW Limited Air Assist Sway?

So sorry, really can’t understand why they can’t figure this out. As I noted in my earlier response, my similarly equipped 3500 handles very well. Loaded my 3000 lb truck camper on it last weekend and went for spin and was very pleased with how it handled the load. Looking forward to hooking up...
  5. J

delete

Another one with both!
  6. J

2021 HO SRW Limited Air Assist Sway?

I haven’t experienced anything like that with my 3500 although mine is configured slightly different (SRW CC SB W/ air suspension) Mine feels rock steady at any speed. Hopefully your dealer can sort it out; good luck!
  7. J

'21 6.4 2500 - Camper weight limit vs. Payload

I had the same questions. My 3500’s camper ”cheat sheet” says 3025lbs vs the truck’s 3980 payload sticker on the door jamb. I’ll run the truck thru a CAT scale after I get the camper loaded but as long as I’m under my GAWR numbers I‘m not going to lose any sleep over it.
  8. J

Why do you have 3.73 or 4.10?

I went with the 4:10s on my 3500 hemi because my truck is not a daily driver and will mostly be used to haul my 3000lb cab over camper. I’ve had it a little over a month and I’m averaging 13.9 mpg unloaded highway (measured; EVIC says 15.3 LOL) and about 12 mpg in town. If I can get anywhere...
  9. J

How to wire up a truck camper

Yes, female connector mounted in the side of the bed with a 3’ lead coming off the camper with a male connector on the end.
  10. J

How to wire up a truck camper

I’m in the process of doing the same thing on my new 2021 3500 to mount my Lance camper. I’m using a plug in “t harness” from etrailer which plugs in to the factory wiring right behind the bumper. It retains the factory 7 pin on the bumper and doesn’t require cutting into the truck wiring. The...
  11. J

How do you find standard features to compare trim levels?

Seems to work well; should be nice this summer when the triple digits hit. The seat heaters are really nice, never thought I’d care but I guess I’m getting old
  12. J

I still think the cloth seats are a little bit more comfortable. My wife preferred the leather and since this truck is mostly a recreational vehicle for us we went with those. I think both are very comfortable and light years better than the seats in my previous 2007 Big Horn.
  13. J

Yep, went thru the same exercise when I was configuring my truck and ended up biting the bullet and getting the Laramie. The leather seats are growing on me.
  14. J

'21 3500 Rear Air Suspension - Smoooth Ride!

I’ve only had my 3500 w/air suspension for a few weeks but I am VERY happy with the ride. It rides much better than my previous 2007 2500 and the roads around here are crap. After reading this thread I checked both my airbags by pushing on them and both appear to be deflated. Haven’t even gotten...
  15. J

Fuel MPG Differences

My first tank with my brand new 2021 3500 CC 4x4 SB 6.4 4:10 axle with a mix of 80/20 highway to city driving I got a manually calculated 13.6 mpg. Computer showed 15.3 Mpg. Mostly interstate driving at 70mph unloaded. Very happy with that.