Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by GotDiesel

1. G

2020 hd service manual

Well, that is an interesting fact that I had not considered. Animation in their electronic manuals. As I would have guessed that they were simple PDF format or similar representation of paper diagrams/pages. So I guess they will have to take the animations and convert them to MP4 standards...
  2. G

2020 hd service manual

Seems silly for a USB aka digital data to be out of stock. Yes I know the model year has completed production, but there are hundreds of thousands of 2020 trucks out there in the world. Even if they made the flash drives per order so to speak it would make more sense. Heck, something even...
  3. G

first oil and filter and fuel filters...oem numbers?

Thank you for posting that link. Learned a few things about that oil.
  4. G

Question - Is it possible to add a RAM CD player from a 2019 part to 2020 Truck?

I really like the ability to listen to my CDs, I have lots. In the 2019 you could get a CD player, then in 2020 model year they are gone. If one was to buy a 2020 truck, is it possible to get a CD player insert where the pocket is now - (the old CD player lived in the now pocket) and get it to...
  5. G

Bad fuel MPG after idle

My guess and less than valuable insight: If you notice this lower MPG after idle, this could be the function of engine run-time and miles traveled. When the engine runs and no miles traveled - the lower your calculated MPG ........maybe. This has been a very uneducated guess. Had this been...
  6. G

Diesel additive

I have had my DuraMax 08 since new - I also use Diesel Kleen (grey bottle) every few tanks and every other tank during the winter - I never fully empty the tank as I do not want to run it dry (not good for oil burners). My truck empty on the gauge is about 8 gallons of an approx 36-gallon tank...
  7. G

Soft tonneau cover- rolling or folding?

I have a Rugged Cover Tri-Flip bed cover on my current Duramax 8 ft bed. I love it, about 95% or higher keeps the rain out - leaks at the tailgate and stake holes. It takes 10 min to take off and put back on. Snow, you need to take it off for 2 reasons, need the weight in the truck, and 2...
  8. G

Exhaust Brake on 2019 or 2020 HD Longbed.

Thank you for the information folks. GotDiesel
  9. G

PCM wireless update

Thank you all for the discussion, I'm a trained geek, and a Paramedic. I find this information very relevant. As to the security and how various updates are designed to work. In my current truck 08 Duramax there are 22 computers in the truck, 11 alone dedicated to the operation of the engine...
  10. G

Do all the 2019 trucks come with the 4G Wifi system?

Howdy, I'm continuing my quest for more information prior to throwing my money on the table. I would like to know what trim level / radio package comes with the 4G WiFi? I have not seen that as an option on many trucks that I have shopped via the internet. This is not an important item, but I...
  11. G

Hello HDRAMS folks

Thank you for the quick lesson /answer.....I can live without the gizmos in the trailer if that saves me money on a leftover 2019.....I currently do not have that feature on my current truck....and currently do not own a trailer....so...
  12. G

Hello HDRAMS folks

Ok, time for a lesson- what is the TTPMS- I guess the tire pressure system? I thought that was on the truck based on Ram.com.....I have the system on my 08 chevy... What does the the 19 trucks have for tire pressure monitoring?....
  13. G

Hello HDRAMS folks

Good afternoon , Not in hurry is true. But my experience has been good at buying a left over model from previous model year. I actually have found a truck that clicks off most of the wants and meets all the needs plus a few. My reason for not ordering, is for one, the rolling of the dice on...
  14. G

Hello HDRAMS folks

To all my fellow members, I am turned off by the current chevy style...butt ugly. Ford lost my business with the 6.0 power joke engine failures.....our entire fleet was at one time Ford 6.0 , they would literally just stop running. Ford's answer was to simply replace the engine. At the...
  15. G

FCA Releases Details On Its New Uconnect 5 Infotainment System:

Heey Wooow, Is there a possibility that the current systems could be updated to the new system, I would be willing to pay for the update....? I'm currently shopping for a new truck a 2019 Uconnect ver 4.x, I guess. Is there been a history where the old systems could/have been able to be...