Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do all the 2019 trucks come with the 4G Wifi system?

GotDiesel

Reaction score
Howdy,
I'm continuing my quest for more information prior to throwing my money on the table.
I would like to know what trim level / radio package comes with the 4G WiFi?
I have not seen that as an option on many trucks that I have shopped via the internet.

This is not an important item, but I would love to know this little bit of information. I have found that dealer staff are usually clueless wonders. Owners tend to be the best source of useful information.
Thank you for the information/lesson in advance.
GotDiesel

Lary0071

Reaction score
No, not all.

I just traded a 2017 Ram 15000 Rebel that had the 8.4 Uconnect and it had the built in cell connection to support app based lock/unlock/remote start as well as other features.
My new 2019 Ram 2500 BigHorn Level 2 with Uconnect 8.4 (not to be confused with XM GUARDIAN) does not have the overhead emergency button or any other of the 3 Uconnect buttons that the older truck had. I honestly did not register this in my head as I bought the truck, and I was pretty upset once I discovered later that it has no internal modem, can never had NAV added and will never allow me to use a phone application on a -10°F day to remote start from my office building a 1/4 mile from the parking lot.

I would have never purchased this had I known! Not all are optioned properly for this ability, and if not optioned.... adding is not an option. Or maybe I should say not a reasonable option! I would likely loose less money trading in my 6 month old, 3,200 mile truck than it would cost me in time, parts and dealer programming fees to try to hack the system into the way it should have been sold.I never would have guessed that in 2019 they would have sold a truck that is well appointed like mine for $59,000 and strip it of basic technology that EVERY GM PRODUCT FOR 16 YEARS HAS HAD! On Star has been a standard feature in GM since my Hummer I bought 16 years ago.... maybe longer. Ram is still playing games with this technology almost 2 decades later. Good job Ram. Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Not to resurrect an old thread unneccessarily, but mine DOES have this option, with the uConnect 8.4 - Since Larry does not have this, I can only assume the "uConnect NAV" option which, according to my sticker was a further $795 option enables both this functionality and navigation above uConnect bundled with Level 1 or Level 2.

Lary0071

Reaction score
Not to resurrect an old thread unneccessarily, but mine DOES have this option, with the uConnect 8.4 - Since Larry does not have this, I can only assume the "uConnect NAV" option which, according to my sticker was a further $795 option enables both this functionality and navigation above uConnect bundled with Level 1 or Level 2.
King, I believe that there are 2 8.4 Uconnect radio options. One like mine that does not support any connectivity features and another that does. I don't know for fact that navigation differentiates the two, but it may?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Agreed; I'm assuming it does? I have the 8.4 option through L1 Equipment, but I also have the "Uconnect 4C Nav with 8.4-inch display" which comes with a few other associated items.

Clipped the exact part below. It's honestly frustrating, I have a 2018 Mercedes too which was a lower MSRP than the truck (marginally, admittedly) and they include this standard PLUS 5 years of free service, transferable to other owners. Having to pay Sirius is a joke, frankly.

nav.PNG

Edit: I also noticed the Dual Zone Climate control is bundled into this. I'd honestly though that was a L1 group item, seems weird to bundle climate control in with Nav? Do you have dual zone? (Maybe you do, through L2?)

2nd Edit: Since your VIN is in your sig, figured I'd check myself, seems you DO have it through L2, weird. Sticker is HERE, FYI.

MEGA-HO

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram rebel with an 8.4 screen right now until I get my diesel, but I have wifi and it's unlimited data for 20 bucks a month. Runs off att cell towers has been invaluable to me. If there are lots of trees around and your cell phone won't work my wifi usually pulls through. However if your trying to call someone with no cell service I find it's frustrating to have wifi and no one else can receive my call because there out of service. It's usually if your out of cell service for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread