Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by ghaynes754

1. G

How to adjust high beam height on Adaptive Headlights on 2021 RAM 5500 Limited

Ok, found the answer. The Limited headlamps are AFLS (Adaptive Front Lighting System.)units which are controlled by the BCM and a couple of other computer modules. The adjustment is done using a DTC terminal. No manual adjustment. Mine were really high likely due to the BCM being replaced...
  2. G

where is the adjustment knob/screw/. I was expecting that they are linked. Occasionally get on coming drivers flashing me.
  3. G

Trying to lower the high beams as they are shining totally above the low beams. Example lights on a wall about 20ft away. Low beams about 4 ft high. Turn on the high beams and they are above the top of the low beams and much brighter. Lux meter about doubles. Driving at night the high beams...
  4. G

Fuel Filter part numbers

So I need my first fuel filter/oil change. 2019 Ram 3500 Diesel Does anyone have a definitive pair of part numbers for the front and rear fuel filters? Auto Zone and the like don't have much if anything listed for 2019 Rams. I'm not near a Ram dealer and when I stopped at Grease Monkey...
  5. G

Lost top view and guidance lines

About two weeks ago the Top View portion of the Surround Camera screen has lost the actual video feeds. I see the top of the truck but only black surrounding it where it used to have the cameras. Also the backup guidance lines, both the double lines that move as you turn the wheel and the...
  6. G

Aux Switches

No it isn't possible. Besides the panel the entire wiring harness in the truck is different. Multiple points where you can get to a connecting point. Additional connectors on a firewall panel. Connector under the dash on the drivers side.
  7. G

Cummins Break in period

Break in period on a Cummins is about 100,000 miles. That's when it really starts getting good....
  8. G

Retrax PiwertraxPRO MX

Hoff, when opening it is pretty smooth. Going out it is jerky. Think this is simply normal. Small motor, one side of the drum pushing against a relatively heavy mass. Looks weird and I was worried the first few times but got used to it.
  9. G

Retrax PiwertraxPRO MX

Pulled wire from the hole on the inside of the drivers wall of the bed, hole is by the front stake pocket. Removed the screws to pull out the 7 pin connector. Fished wire down on the inside of the wheel well and then back up to the hole by the stake pocket. Zip tied in place to a couple of...
  10. G

Retrax PiwertraxPRO MX

Yes I installed one with my new 3500 Longhorn. Works well. Only challenge was that the bed of the truck, at least the rails, don't seem to be perfectly square. So had to adjust position to get it to work. Not a problem with the Retrax itself and would have come up regardless of cover brand...
  11. G

How soon after getting the new truck should you add a good coat of wax, etc? Day one?

Week after I picked up the truck, Ceramic Pro for everything. When washing I only use Deionized water, no spots even in bright sun. Foam canon with Americana Ceramic Aftercare soap. Final rinse with the deionized water and I am done.
  12. G

Extra Harness Above Spare Tire

That isn’t the aux switch wiring. Do you have the tailgate camera package? Maybe something for that.
  13. G

Extra Harness Above Spare Tire

What kind of truck and trim?
  14. G

Ball hitches and WDHs

A lot depends on the types of trailers and weights you are going to pull. Example I pull a 10,000# 33ft Airstream. Tongue weight is about 1400#. With my 3500 I use a ProPride hitch that does WD and sway control. It has it's own 'stinger' that goes into the truck receiver. For other towing...
  15. G

Aux Switch wiring location

So here's an update. To get to the two wires at position F, at least on my 3500 Longhorn, you need to drop the spare tire in order to get to the harness. Although the guide book that comes with the Aux Wire kit says they are blunt wires there is a connector on the end. Looking towards the...