Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by fossfactor

1. F

Steering Holding up when I turn right.

Recently I was towing my 9200-pound trailer with my 2020 6.7 2500. When I turn right the steering wheel would lock up near the center. I put in two ounces of power steering fluid and this helped. My mechanic could find no leak and could not replicate the problem. Any ideas on what it might be?
  2. F

Dreaded DEF system issue... you're screwed in xxx miles

I had a friend who is a mechanic run a 16 foot heater cord around the tank. My mechanic in Great Falls tells me at less than 12 degrees DEF can freeze. I plug in my heater cord when I plug in my truck on cold nights. So far no problems.
  3. F

New 2020 Ram 2500 owner

got the dpm flashed and cleared today at the dealer. So far so good.
  4. F

"Exhaust System Service Required - See Dealer" Message - Had to have the truck towed

at the deeper and they are charging me 75.00 to clear the DPM. They call it a flash. They saw Chrysler cannot be responsible for frozen def. My question is how do they know it is frozen? Working on setting up a 12 volt RV water tank heater to avoid this problem.
  5. F

PCM Error code p1400-00 on a brand new 2020 2500

Saw your answer above. I agree the dealer is an idiot and my experience with Ram dealers good mechanics are very hard to find.
  6. F

PCM Error code p1400-00 on a brand new 2020 2500

Is this a brand new truck? If possible I would take it back to the dealer you purchased it from. It would seem they are liable if the tried to change the factory set.
  7. F

"Exhaust System Service Required - See Dealer" Message - Had to have the truck towed

I got a message 5 mph in 125 miles. My dealer is 90 miles away so this is scary. Reading other threads I guess it is either the def or the pump. I only have 20K miles on the truck and this should be covered. Waiting for a call back.
  8. F

New 2020 Ram 2500 owner

Hi got on here to find answers to questions. Currently I have a DEF code that says I only have 125 miles until I got 5 miles per hour. Looking for answers.