Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Firstram1980

1. F

Radiator fan runs at startup regardless of temp?

Mine does this every once in a while.
  2. F

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 squeal at start up / Chirping Noise - merged threads

Yup. Super annoying. If this is your only issue though you’re in good shape. Just hope you don’t have the front end clunk or rear ended rattle or hood that shakes like crazy on the highway. I have it all. Oh, and don’t forget the MDS that vibrates and turns on and off about 100 times on the way...
  3. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

I would but it’s raining and I don’t have a garage :(
  4. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

So it could be very possible the wrong bolts were installed on some trucks. How hard would it be to just remove the bolt and check?
  5. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

So watching that video again it really looks like the bolts are too long :/ The cab mount bushing isn’t compressed at all. Could it be that simple? If the bolts are bottoming out they might be torqued correctly but not compressing the mount. Some washers could solve that.... Now I would like to...
  6. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

Unfortunately the front end clunk In my truck has distracted me from the rattle. Have to take it one problem at a time. Love my truck but going over bumps I just cringe. Pretty disappointed so far in my 60k HD truck that doesn’t seem very heavy duty. At least the interior is nice though...
  7. F

MDS

Be sure to let us know. I would be interested in that!
  8. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/new-2500-tradesman-with-clunk-rattle.147622/
  9. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

Hmm. Maybe it was the extra weight in the back seat then? It was defiantly not as bad. Anyways there was a post a while back where someone put a go pro under their truck and had video proof the rattle was the cab mounts. Of course the video was not posted but seems to be the issue. Also, I...
  10. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

I have a crew cab. Got back from a 300 mile road trip the other day with some weight in the bed, also had my two kids and some luggage in the back seat. Hit some pretty rough roads and did not hear the rattle. Seems like having weight back there makes it go away or at least diminishes it.
  11. F

2019 Ram 2500 6.4 squeal at start up / Chirping Noise - merged threads

Has anyone figured this out yet? Hadn’t noticed until yesterday when I put my windows down. Started cold and was driving through a parking lot and the awful squeal was reflecting off of the cars on each side. It was quite loud! I have a new 2019 Bighorn with a 1000 miles on it. Sound went away...
  12. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

Any chance you could post that video? Did you show to dealer yet? Would honestly rather just replace them myself if that turns out to be the issue.
  13. F

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

Just dropped truck off and showed them video above. They acted like they couldn’t here anything wrong. I have no faith this is getting fixed. I’d bet my left nut they can’t even replicate. Hopefully they prove me wrong..... Edit: Was not proved wrong☹ Couldn’t replicate. Everything underneath...
  14. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

Man, as I just said on another forum, if new ones don’t fix it, then this isn’t just a bad batch and all trucks should be having this issue. Which maybe is the case, but it just doesn’t bother many people..... I also have the front end clunk that occurs when turning going over bumps and such...
  15. F

Rattle Noise In Cab

So what happened when you got your truck back? Did they replace the mounts?