Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Finn5033

1. Finn5033

Don't think I can wait for 2025s

I had a 2021 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab standard bed. They are noticeably bigger in the cab and bed length. I thought I was going to miss it. Truth is it ended up being the opposite. The extra bed length while nice was not necessary. Same with the rear seat in the cab. There is still plenty of room...
  2. Finn5033

Cummins or hemi hd

I had a 2021 Silverado 3500 with the 6.6 gas engine. mine had the 6 speed though. I really liked it and it was a nice towing experience. Only thing that I didn’t like was the 5-6mpg towing in the winter, and 7-9mpg towing in the summer.
  3. Finn5033

275/65-20 or 285/65-20

I know this thread is old but when I got my truck I was looking to switch to 20” wheels so I could run 275/65/20 tire size. There are tons of options in that size and quite a bit less money as well. Plus on the stock wheels they look plenty beefy because the wheels are only 8” wide. I think...
  4. Finn5033

Tires.

I saw those too, very curious to see reviews once they’ve had some time on the market.
  5. Finn5033

Cooper AT3's mileage

Yeah I hear you. Mine were down 1/4 of the tread after 6k miles. I mentioned it to the guy at Discount tire that there is no way these are making it to 65k miles. That’s when he told me that they won’t warranty them until they are down to 2/32” tread. There is no way I’d run a tire down that low...
  6. Finn5033

Tire Suggestions for 3500 SRW 4x4 for 60% Daily Driver/20% Highway Towing/20% Forest Roads? And 18” vs 20”?

Good choice. We’ve had some very wet and snowy conditions recently where I live. The Coopers seem fine on wet roads and maybe slightly slippery roads but they are not good in snow. I’m actually surprised at how bad they are. I will definitely not be running them next winter. I will likely get...
  7. Finn5033

Tire Suggestions for 3500 SRW 4x4 for 60% Daily Driver/20% Highway Towing/20% Forest Roads? And 18” vs 20”?

I bought mine last August and they are 3peak rated. Not sure if that changed since then but can’t imagine why it would
  8. Finn5033

Regen

I have a 22 that was a leftover I bought new from a dealer last August, it had 18 miles on it. This is my first HD diesel truck and I bought it just because I’ve always wanted one. I was aware of the issues with emissions equipment on the newer diesel trucks and always told myself if I ever...
  9. Finn5033

How do Ram headlights compare? Halogen vs reflector LED vs projector LED

Yeah if you are looking to upgrade my choice would be OEM. I bought the alpharex luxx headlights for my truck. There is nothing wrong with them and they are a big improvement over the stock halogens of course. I went with them because I thought I needed to buy the OEM reflector lights and the...
  10. Finn5033

Falken Wild Peak and Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrains would be great choices. Both 3 peak rated and aggressive enough for off-roading in dirt or snow. One other option would be Cooper AT3 XLT, these are 3 peak rated but not as aggressive which makes them noticeably quieter than the other two I...
  11. Finn5033

2022 Tradesman Cummins mini build

Infotainment sells a kit with the sensors and wiring harness and a detailed video how to do it. If you have any specific questions pm me.
  12. Finn5033

2022 Tradesman Cummins mini build

Been a while since I updated this. I just finished getting heated seats, steering wheel, and auto climate control into my truck. I got the seats, steering wheel and center stack from a guy locally who rebuilds wrecked Ram trucks. After that I had to order the clock spring, and the steering wheel...
  13. Finn5033

Adding OEM Heated Steering Wheel and Seats

After a bit of a battle I got this job done. I got the heated seats from a big horn along with the correct steering wheel and clock spring. I made all of the changes in alfaobd that are listed in the two posts I quoted and the climate settings never showed up in my connect system. I contacted...
  14. Finn5033

Used 14-15 2500 6.4. Advice? Expectation?

1. Want to see proper maintenance records 2. If it was used for plowing I’m staying away I can’t speak specifically to the 6.4, other guys can help with that. Other than that just overall condition of the truck. You can tell if it was used and abused or well taken care of. I personally have...
  15. Finn5033

Lower rear of 2500

https://coilsprings.com/