Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by farmallboy

1. F

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Wow. Mine hasn’t looked that good in so long lol. I like the door molding!
  2. F

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Used the rubber mulch about 6 years ago on a 30x30 spot. Yeah it’s tires ground up and makes a mess on bare feet but works and looks good to this day. Just .02 from here….
  3. F

My 6.4's oil life gauge is bonkers

Not sure the true parameters. But my previous change I just did was putting me at 30% at about 5k. It was far enough for me. I do a mix of mostly local 50-55 mph driving(rougher back roads) but mine does pull on the regular. I liked the peanut butter statement lol. But in seriousness unless...
  4. F

Swap OEM Gooseneck Hitch for B&W Turnover Ball

Remember to lift with your legs
  5. F

Parking Truck Outdoors....critters???

Had a possum secretly living in my barn for a good month. That hood insulation must taste like Chinese food or a cheeseburger to them because it kept disappearing and I kept yelling. I have cats but for similar reasons above they are locked out of my barn. They kill anything that moves. But...
  6. F

3500 Ram Laramie 29 LTD Classic help

GMRS requires $70 application good for family for 10 years HAM Amateur License Tech is first level. Requires a test and usually a donation to local club General is second level same as tech Extra is third. Same as tech Each ham level allows for more power and more hf band access. Most...
  7. F

Ahhh ok. Thanks I was confused. I’m thinking of buying an anytone tri band given price and reviews. How did you like that one ?
  8. F

Only hr2510 I could find was a huge president. But it looks nothing like that. What brand is that thing ? My interest is peaked again after recently indulging in some background YouTube 11m learning. Few good channels out there.
  9. F

This is the part where I broke down and drilled a hole where the little insert pad would cover…..
  10. F

Dude! A+. Good work man.
  11. F

No drop in gmrs price but no bump from free for ham licensing. Looking forward to the update chris !
  12. F

I inherited one and only set it up once. Was told I was getting out but heard nothing. Who knows. Neat idea. If they made more models like that I think it would be more feasible to have a cb
  13. F

Dad was smart!

Nice color. Compared to the truck it looks about the size I would like. 80’?
  14. F

Who has installed a cb?

Don’t think I’ve posted on this thread. But I too have the fender NMO mounts. Yes. Plural. I bent the secondary to fit the passenger side and currently run a wide band ~20” whip and a ~39” loaded split dual band on the drivers side. I didn’t have the commitment of drilling into the roof. But...
  15. F

Dad was smart!

So true. It’s just nice getting everything under a roof and protected from wind and precipitation. My dream is to build much bigger than necessary. We will see!