Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by dtsequeira

1. dtsequeira

Issues with new to me 19 2500 Tradesman 6.4

This happened to me up at a ski resort miles from the nearest town. I was able to jump it and get it running but as soon as I coasted to a stop it died and every light was illuminated. Started again and wouldn't go into drive. Called a dealer at home and they told me it sounded like the battery...
  2. dtsequeira

Hemi knocking

Mine has sounded like that since new, it goes away after 30 seconds or so. I now have over 30,000 miles on the truck with no issues. My 2018 4Runner sounds the same cold and has over 80k on it.
  3. dtsequeira

2022 6.4L Fan Roar Above 6000 Feet

I camp quite a bit above 6k and I've had my fan run loud from startup until it got to operating temp on a few occasions. This winter I can't recall a time that it has come on. My buddy has the same engine and under the same conditions said his fan never comes on. My Duramax did it too so I just...
  4. dtsequeira

How many miles do you have on your 4.5 gen gasser?

2019 with 24,000 miles. It hauls our camper around 99% of the time, not a daily driver. It is mostly used during ski season making the trip to Mammoth mountain every other weekend. Truck has been excellent so far, just oil changes and 87 octane gas.
  5. dtsequeira

Having trouble filling tank

Mine does the same thing, I pull the vapor recover piece back and create a bigger gap . PITA for sure. I'm in California, I'm guessing the huge vapor recovery boot creates too much of a seal on the Ram gassers. This never happens on my 4Runner.
  6. dtsequeira

3500 Dually with 6.4L? HEAVY truck camper question.

Yeah prices are out of control. some campers are more than double the price from just a few years back.
  7. dtsequeira

3500 Dually with 6.4L? HEAVY truck camper question.

If you're using the camper for skiing then a slide in camper is definitely the way to go. I went with the gas route since I had numerous emissions issues with my last diesel which led to missed trips and downtime with my truck. I really wanted the Ford gas 7.3 but it wasn't out yet so I went...
  8. dtsequeira

6.7L Gas Cummins

This would be cool if it comes to reality.
  9. dtsequeira

new owner

I've used 87 since new. I only use my truck for camping trips and haven't had any issues in the 10,000+ miles so far.
  10. dtsequeira

How many miles on your hemi / 8 spd?

I have a little over 7,000 miles and about 5,000 are with the camper on. No issues to report, so far so good. My buddy has the same truck and also carries a camper and he is over 15,000 miles without any problems.
  11. dtsequeira

Truck Camper Questions

If you haven't bought a truck or camper yet I would shop the camper first then figure out which truck you need. I have a gas crew cab 2500 which has over 3200 lbs of payload and carry a Lance 865. I've owned the camper for 8 years and this is my 2nd truck carrying it so I knew exactly what I...
  12. dtsequeira

Octane requirements for the 6.4 Hemi???

I've only put 87 in mine since new. I live at sea level and camp above 10k multiple times a year carrying our camper and have never noticed it knocking on 87.
  13. dtsequeira

Anyone used Timbrens?

It will definitely take the floaty feel away. You won't get the porpoising, it will be a much firmer ride with the Timbrens. The truck will be perfectly level when the weight of the trailer brings the axle to the Timbrens unless you've leveled your truck in the front.
  14. dtsequeira

TFL got an 8 speed 6.4, will be running Ike

I was ready to get the 7.3 Ford but it wasn't available when I needed to trade in my Duramax. I did a ton of research and drove the 6.4 and was happy to dump my diesel and replace it with the Hemi. My buddy was looking for a new truck and wanting to replace his LBZ Duramax and I suggested the...
  15. dtsequeira

Aftermarket Cat Back exhaust systems ?

I recently put on a Gibson Cat back exhaust. The exhaust sounds great but there is a drone when it kicks into 4 cylinder mode. It definitely looks much better than the stock exhaust.