Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by dm6

1. D

Should I have the dealer do some maintenance before the warranty expires?

I think this got a little out of hand :) I didn't really mean this as for them to look it over well to find warranty issues. I just remember one of my other cars I brought in for an oil change right before the warranty was up, they said that they have had a lot of issues with the cat converter...
  2. D

Air filter. Ok, I guess I just worry I am not doing enough when people pay hundreds to get their cars checked every 6 months or so, but I suppose they may have no knowledge of cars whatsoever. Maybe a mechanic should have a better eye than me, but then again I recall one time when a dealer...
  3. D

I guess sometimes I just wonder if I am missing something because it doesn't seem like I do much. I change the oil every year. I rotate the tires and check the brake pads when the wheels are off. I change the filter once because it doesn't get that dirty. I check the fluids I can see. I...
  4. D

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

This is a little off topic, but I learned about the Ziegler warranty on this thread a couple years ago and it is a great deal. MUCH cheaper than the garbage third party warranty they tried to sell me when I bought the truck. I was wondering if anyone knows of places that sell manufacturer's...
  5. D

I have a '21 2500 6.4L. The original warranty will expire in July, but I did buy the 8 year Mopar warranty as mentioned in this forum since it was pretty cheap for low mileage. Anyways, I tend to like to do things myself and stay away from dealerships because the few times I have had to bring...
  6. D

Broken cargo/third brake light with truck cap

I just ordered this light. Looks like it should fit.
  7. D

Thank you for this info. Looks like that one is no longer available, but I am sure I will find one similar.
  8. D

What to do with the Cargo View Camera when installing a camper shell?

I thought I'd revive this thread. Has anyone recently purchased a third brake light replacement that doesn't stick out as far as the camera? The item from the Amazon link earlier in this thread is no longer available.
  9. D

I have had a cap on my '21 Ram 2500 for a couple of years and today when washing it, I noticed a chunk was missing from the light on the cab (the third brake/cargo/cam light). The way the cap was installed, it looks like there is only about 1/2"-3/4" clearance between the front of the cap and...
  10. D

Convex Main Mirror Upgrade?

While the mirrors still suck, I guess I am sort of getting used to them a little more by now. I was looking forward to getting these mirrors once they are out and everyone has a chance to use them, but maybe I will get a set of those stick on mirrors mentioned earlier in this thread to see if...
  11. D

Do my wheels need to be rebalanced at each rotation?

I was just going to rotate my tires myself for the first time because I don't want to deal with bringing it in, and worrying about someone messing it up or scratching my wheels, but was wondering about the balancing. I never thought about that but I guess they check that when a shop does...
  12. D

Incentives for 1500s but not HDs???

When I did it, I think my build time was like 2 months so I put in 2-3 months and got it just in time. Maybe that is what they go by.
  13. D

Incentives for 1500s but not HDs???

I don't know if they still do this, but when I was looking to guy, I signed up for email updates on the Ram website and lucked out. They sent me an email for $1000 off an HD Ram just a week before my order came in.
  14. D

Oil drain plug torque specs

Does anyone know the torque specs for the oil drain plug on the Hemi?
  15. D

Which floor jack and stands do you guys like (for tire rotations, etc.)?

Ok, so what is the consensus then on the height that we need? Wil any of the ones listed above work? Or 20" just to be safe?