Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by dlakeman

1. D

What options are must for you?

If you are going to tow a TT or 5th wheel I recommend buying an F250 or Chevy 2500. I own a 2024 RAM 2500 Laramie Night Edition. My Cargo Carrying Capacity is 2119lbs. Most all 5th wheels that are around 25-30' have a hitch/pin weight of 2000lbs or over. That means my wife, dog and I plus fuel...
  2. D

Adding Air compressor option

Doesn't the ARB get very hot? Is the mounting bracket something you made?
  3. D

Price negotiated from MSRP

2024 RAM 2500 Laramie. Purchased December 28, 2023 at a dealer in Las Vegas, NV. MSRP $96,400. Negotiated with dealer $15,800 off MSRP. I did get Kelly BB on my trade, which was a 2022 RAM Big Horn. I wasn't looking for a new truck, however I couldn't pass up the deal.
  4. D

Windshield tint w ceramic film

I believe ClawSS is right on with his comments about insurance company and legal liability. I can envision someone with a tinted windshield hitting a person at night. Maybe the person ran in front of the truck, Maybe the person drove their bicycle/motorcycle into traffic or drove their car in...
  5. D

Uconnect 12” not working

What email should I use? I don't have Facebook, Instagram, etc. Dana
  6. D

Sirius XM Stops Working

Thank you rampster. I'll look through the 5 pages of responses. Seems I'm not alone with the problem.
  7. D

Sirius XM Stops Working

Not receiving a "Sat Antenna Error". I've been to the dealer for a second time. Dealer said if I lose Sirius again, they'll order a new radio.
  8. D

Sirius XM Stops Working

I'm a new Forum member. Is this the type of stupid response I can expect on this Forum. Does 2500Helena think I'm an idiot? I've broken one of my cardinal rules. "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything."
  9. D

Windshield tint w ceramic film

Isn't windshield tint against the law in most, if not all States? I'd like to tint my windshield, however I don't need any issues with the police.
  10. D

Sirius XM Stops Working

Thanks Jeff. My problem is no signal on any channel in any location. Radio is stuck on channel to which I was last listening, and without a signal/sound. Clearly a truck software problem as updating the truck software fixed the problem when it first happened. I don't want to have to go to the...
  11. D

Sirius XM Stops Working

I have a 2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn, with 5000 miles on it. So far Sirius XM has stopped working twice. I took my truck to the dealer the first time. Took a couple hours for the "electronics guy" to update the software, so I was told. Sirius stopped working again last week. I have an appointment at...
  12. D

New 22 2500 ordered!

Searched Las Vegas dealers last October. Found two 2021 RAM 2500's at $8-10K over sticker price. Became aware of Dave Smith Motors. Went on their website. I had a dozen 2500's from which to choose. The one I picked was on its way from the factory. In a week I had my new 2022 RAM 2500 at less...
  13. D

2022 RAM 2500 Big Horn

Took delivery from Dave Smith Motors, Kellogg, ID (the largest RAM dealer in the world) on October 11, 2021. Truck was one week "fresh from the factory". So I wouldn't have to pay Nevada sales tax upon truck registration, Dave Smith added the drop-in bed liner, new option RAM form-fitted...
  14. D

New Owner in Southern Nevada

I picked up my Flaming Red 2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn with Cummins engine from Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg, ID on October 11, 2021. I drove 1000 miles home. As the engine broke in, at 85MPH I got 19.6MPG. I'm very happy.