Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by davidh1329

1. D

Lets see what you are towing!

We are headed out this weekend for a short trip. really happy with the truck.
  2. D

6.7's First Oil Change - I did not see that coming....

I think the glitter would have been easy to spot with the oil spread thinly across the driveway!
  3. D

Of course, I did! I really should be smart enough to know 3 gallons of warm oil would move pretty fast....LOL!
  4. D

My 3500 was due for its first oil change and being cheap I decided to do it myself. I have changed lots of oil over the years. One of my first jobs was changing tires and oil at a Kmart. Over the years, I started paying someone else to do it because I am just so messy it was not worth the...
  5. D

Flat area back seat for dog?

I did similar but mine only goes about half the way across. Still room for a person in the back. Works great.
  6. D

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

I drove my trade to New Orleans and they met me early on a Saturday morning to swap. Super easy!
  7. D

Porpoising, sway, coil vs lead, airbags, TT vs 5er, and more!

That is a lot :) Out of all that, what caught my eye was, "....a little light on the hitch." Trailers hate that and too little weight on the hitch will induce sway. There is a video out there (youtube?) that shows a model car on a moving belt pulling a trailer with moveable weights. The...
  8. D

Funny pics and Memes thread - keep it clean

Years ago (high school) I had a Plymouth with left-hand lugs on one side. I had easily gotten the wheel off the "normal side" and spend hours fighting with the other side.... Luckily, I never found a pipe long enough for my cheater bar to twist off any studs. My dad came home and suggested...
  9. D

Full Time 5th Wheel Recommendations

I don't have advice for a specific brand but would suggest to look at used RVs. Campers stink with initial build quality and depreciation - let someone else suffer through the first year warranty repairs. We are on our fourth camper, a 2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS. We purchased it used about...
  10. D

Hotels in New Orleans

I stayed at the Home2 Suites next to the airport, $140/nt (I think) with free parking. They delivered my truck from MD the next morning and left with my trade. It was so easy that it felt sketchy :) My daughter flew in and I picked her up in the new truck, and we had a ROAD TRIP home. Lots of...
  11. D

So i did a thing yesterday....

I had a 2020 2500 6.4. Just traded it last week. When I first got it, I would run mid-grade if I was going to tow. After a while, cheap and lazy took over and I only ran regular. I never noticed the difference. The engine/computer knows and adjusts accordingly. There was likely some...
  12. D

2022 HD Crowdsourced VIN/Order Tracking

My Gosh! That is exciting.... Currently line 1391.
  13. D

2022 2500 crewcab and 2022 Montana 5th wheel?

As others have said, It depends.... We tow a similar 5th wheel with a 2020 2500 6.4/4.10 CCSB around the southeast coast (SC to FL mostly) and it does fine. My steepest hill is usually a bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway :) It will downshift and rev, but maintains a decent speed. If you...
  14. D

New Grand Design 324MBS too much for 2500?

Currently tow with a 2020 2500 6.4/4.10 with a payload of 3244 (per yellow door sticker). Our camper is a 36 ft, 12.5k 5th wheel with a pin weight of approximately 2300 lbs. I installed airbags just to level things up and stop it from bottoming out on the occasional ridiculous bridge apron...
  15. D

If you ordered from Mark Dodge, how did you get your truck or how do you plan to get it?

Sandi says my truck in on the train headed to Port Allen and should be to MD and ready sometime in August. This has all gone fairly fast (sorry, to all those still waiting...) Original plan was to fly to Lake Charles and drive home. About 12.5 hours (950 miles) to near Charleston, SC. Seems...