Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by cruzinZ

1. C

Ride quality comparison stock vs 37’s.

For me payload isn’t a huge limiting factor. Should be plenty considering it’s mostly going to be a few people on board and the boat behind. I do see your point for payload though. Should the wife want to add a 5th wheel travel trailer to the mix, before my plans of getting a diesel pusher, that...
  2. C

I was looking at the HO with Aisin but not sure if it really makes sense. From everything I’ve read up on towing less than 15k & you should be good on the 86. For me it would also come down to normal everyday practicality. I’ll have to test drive both to see if the slower shifting points in the...
  3. C

2022 HO Cummins Tradesman Tow Cap

Always better to have more truck than you need than pushing the limits on an undersized truck for your mission. Also if lawyers get involved and find out you were outside the GVRW limits things can get ugly quickly from a liability standpoint. I personally follow the 85% rule. Never exceed 85%...
  4. C

After doing more research on this subject your 100% right on selecting the proper gearing for the transmission. I would venture to say a big majority of failures with the 68 RFE is due to deletes, tunes, larger tires. This is a receipt for disaster on a stock transmission with stock gearing. The...
  5. C

I see the common upgrade is for 37” tires. Curious if there is a benefit from ride quality over stock tire size? My ultimate use for the 2500 diesel will be a tow rig for the boat. Every weekend all summer. 16-18 weekends. Some weekends will be both Saturday & Sunday trips. Lake is a short 25...
  6. C

DIY Question

The video I saw was on a 2020 truck with 100k miles. From my understanding the EGR is going to soot up no matter what with time. Proper care like NOT idling to prevent additional soot from happening is a must for any of the vehicles with modern emissions systems. Curious why you think no...
  7. C

DIY Question

Questions for everyone. I have watched several videos about cleaning the EGR and replacing the DPF cartridge. Other than doing these items as needed will the factory emmissions systems cause a decrease in engine reliability or lifespan? I live in California and would prefer to keep my life as...
  8. C

Need more towing capacity

Thought I’d throw my 2 cents in. When dealing with modern diesels of 2019 and newer the big three all have their own quirks filled with positive and negative. It’s a pick your own poison kind of situation. I personally would like a Ram truck with a 6.7 Cummins engine & have everything else...
  9. C

MOPAR - MAXCARE - Zeigler - Extended Warranty Merged Mega Thread

100% in agreement with you. Vast majority of these sales include a good bit of commission. Clueless salesmen seems to be the norm. An informed buyer will run circles around the average salesmen in knowledge on the product. It’s a shame but it’s how the industry works these days.
  10. C

New to the group

Hello everyone. Currently narrowing down the decision on the right 3/4 ton diesel to pick up. Currently we are using my wife’s GX460 to tow an older 22’ competition ski boat to the lake ~5500 lbs with trailer. Looking at upgrading to a Mastercraft X80. It’s 28.5’ in length. Total length is...
  11. C

Kindly help me choose between Standard and High Output Cummins

From what I’ve learned the really big decision is if you want the 68RFE or the Aisin transmission. The Aisin is a medium duty transmission while the 68RFE is more of a lighter duty transmission. The 68 will shift much faster and if you’re going to be to be towing less than 15k lbs it’s the...