Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by ColoMan

1. C

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

After the new trans, torque converter, cooler and lines did first tow and same exact thing. Ram is a great truck but low speed towing climbing a grade it can handle it. Sold truck for $3k more than what I paid . Got at 2022 GMC did exact same route and Allison never went over 180 degrees vs 240...
  2. C

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

Called ATS to see if they could build the trans to be able to withstand slow speed towing while climbing at high elevation, he was completely honest and said no, only option is to install an Allison conversion for 16k. Agree with all the posts if you are towing slow speed high elevation get the...
  3. C

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

Had it in tow mode , and had it locked so it wouldn’t go higher than third so basically it was shifting from 2nd to 3rd, speeds varied from 15 mph to 25mph climbing , definitely not normal. Neighbors have bigger RVs and tow up and down the mountain we live on. K9s earlier post is very similar...
  4. C

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

Update, got the new trans put in my 2021 and first time towing 11,000lbs . Made it across Vail and Eisenhower pass no issues temps 210 on trans . Last 3 miles of switchbacks at 25 mph to house damn thing starts to overheat again. Hit 240 and climbing and trans slipping in 3rd just like the...
  5. C

Adding Shock Sensor ?

My friend had the window broken out on his Ram and they just climbed in and stole everything. The alarm never went off, is there any options out there for adding a shock sensor? Thanks
  6. C

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

Just got a bad trans , dealer said 270 degrees is when it shuts down and engine light, mine blew all forward clutches at 230. New trans shifts way better than original going up hills. They also flushed lines and new trans cooler. All is good.
  7. C

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

The climb from highway to house is 3 miles of switchback and elevation goes from 7500 to 9500 . Trans was getting hot , but it’s a two lane and nowhere to pull over . Temps were hitting 225 near top then boiled over at house hitting 250.
  8. C

Blown Trans 9,000 miles

My 2021 2500 Cummins blew the trans while towing 10k trailer in mountains. Coming back from weekend and doing the 3 mile climb from hwy to house when near driveway hear loud bang and the smoke everywhere. Was able to get into driveway, but stuck with 5th wheel attached. No forward gears only...
  9. C

Brake Controller Troubleshooting/Technical Info

Great write up, thanks for doing this. I have the same issue with my 2021 with 5th wheel package. Trailer is 2021 and has no issues with my friends 2016 Ram only when hooked to mine. It’s very dangerous and intermittent, can go 300 miles no issues then no brakes for 10 minutes.
  10. C

How to shut off low tire pressure light?

Great info, thanks!
  11. C

How to shut off low tire pressure light?

I have a 2021 Ram 2500 with aftermarket rims and tires and run them at 45lbs unloaded. Can you disable low pressure light and stop the tire pressure screen from popping up every time I start the truck? I thanks
  12. C

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Finally got my Ram this Saturday from a Sept 14 order ... worth the wait love it
  13. C

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Another 9/14 order and still no truck , Ram chat says it should be delivered anytime next 14 days