Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by ckreef

1. C

6.4/3.73 towing 5th wheels

36' Grand Design. 3500 CCSB 6.4 w/ 3.73 About 8.5 mpg towing. The mpg could be better but the truck handles the 5er nicely.
  2. C

New Truck Tire Pressure Question

Look up your tire chart. Running over inflated tires (for your weight) is almost as bad as under inflated tires. In my 3500 SRW I run 50 front and 45 back when not towing. Even that is probably a bit too much when empty. I also use the tire fill alert system when filling and deflating. I...
  3. C

Custom air bags

Why did you have to cut off the factory bump stops? Mine just unbolted.
  4. C

Camping

Something a little different this past weekend. Homemade Pizza and Camping. This first picture sets the scene. 3500, 5th wheel and bicycles in the background. Pizza oven getting ready for action.
  5. C

21 3500 level kit

Get air bags. Will take the squat out and put you back to your normal (before trailer) level.
  6. C

What are some must haves in your truck and where do you keep them?

. 40 cal w/ extra mag. Both loaded with personal protection rounds. I too have a seat belt cutter/glass breaker tool. Safety vest and road side safety lights (flares in the old days). Jumper cables. Full set of camper keys. Car vacuum. Detailing rags and drying towels. 2 large bath...
  7. C

ECO mode / Cylinder De-activation / MDS - How Do I Turn It OFF

When the green eco light comes on you're in MDS. I can't notice any performance change but I drive with a heavy foot so it doesn't come on very often.
  8. C

Camping

Mountain View Campground, Hiawassee GA. Got a slide topper installed Saturday morning at my dealer in Acworth, GA. With a last minute reservation Louie and PJ the owners of Mountain View Campground were able to squeeze us in for 5 nights. Then a reservation canceled at the last minute and we...
  9. C

Personalized license plate vote

HD HEMI would be my vote. The rest of them no go. Have you checked to see if any of these are available?
  10. C

Anyone use a ladder rack for a boat? Do they work with tonneau covers?

That totally depends on your tonneau cover and your ladder rack. I have a low profile soft roll tonneau cover. It gives full access to your bed rail cutouts. If you have a ladder rack that works in the bed rail cutout slots then it would work together. My last tonneau cover covered part of the...
  11. C

Factory Air Ride While Towing

This is an interesting thread. I have a 3500 with aftermarket airbags (Airlift 5000 ultimate). Before the airbags my truck would buck bad when towing my 12,500 5th wheel. Added the airbags and inflated to 75 psi which took the squat out. It tows much better now. Was pleasantly surprised this...
  12. C

Which soft tri-fold tonneau do you guys like?

My last truck had the lowest model TruXedo soft cover. It basically sat up on the bed rails. It was cheap and worked okay but......... With my new 3500 I went with the TruXedo x-15 pro. It's a low profile soft cover that barely sits on the bed rails. I like it much better. Has a tighter fit and...
  13. C

Based on everything I’m reading, it seems I made a mistake in the truck I bought

Not sure what I think of this post considering I'm a RV forum guy who pulls a GVWR of 1395 5th wheel with a 3500 Hemi 6.4. Considering you are just snooping the RV forums where I actually participate in both this Ram forum and a couple of different RV forums........
  14. C

Hello from Georgia

Welcome. 3500 Laramie from Danville, GA reporting in.
  15. C

Changing to telescoping steering wheel?

Supposedly that is what the telescoping pedals are for. Unfortunately they don't come straight back towards the seat. They come back and up at the same time so if you have short legs and feet and you bring the pedals back your feet are dangling in the air to use the pedals. Another example of...