Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by CJM

1. C

Bull Bar / Light Bar

Wanted to order one of the Ellis Light Bars yesterday on the Black Friday Special to get the discount on the lights. There is two different styles of this light bar posted on their website. One that is even with the bumper like in the picture of the black truck and one that is quite a bit above...
  2. C

PROBLEMS , Cel, Stalling

You can't be serious! You are stupid enough to think a dealer will treat a person who purchased a truck 2000 miles away the same as a customer that purchased a truck directly from them?
  3. C

2019-2022 Dually largest oversized tire on stock wheels/truck?

Did you use longer studs or were the OEM Studs long enough? Was the spacer hub-centric? Steel or aluminum?
  4. C

Thank you for the picture! Personally, I would not be comfortable running the tires that close together. I would have to get a spacer to get them further apart.
  5. C

PROBLEMS , Cel, Stalling

Guess you didn't get the point of my comment. My thought is that the local dealer would likely have put more effort into getting the part if the truck would have been purchased from them! Mark Dodge would be more interested in keeping the part in their stock for a customer from their local area...
  6. C

PROBLEMS , Cel, Stalling

She said she found the parts on eBay and through other on-line Mopar parts suppliers, so parts were ultimately available. I understand you don't want to "feed a greedy and gauging dealer" but I bet when you have a problem with your truck you will be running back to that "greedy and gauging...
  7. C

I would like to see a picture of the space between the tires as well. I think you would need some type of spacer if you are narrowing the gap between the tires when installing the 255/80-17's. By narrowing the gap a little over 3/4" (20mm = .787"), I would think you would be getting pretty close...
  8. C

PROBLEMS , Cel, Stalling

Stuff like this wouldn't happen if truck was purchased local! When purchasing a truck from a long distance away, added inconveniences occur. Always easier if you purchase the truck where you plan to have it serviced.
  9. C

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Of course you can powder coat over chrome! As long as it is a good quality chrome and it is not peeling it can be coated. Chrome just has to sand blasted to etch the surface. The only chrome items that are not worth powder coating is chrome wheels that have the finish peeling and the cheap...
  10. C

What did you do TO your RAM today?

I thought the OEM covers were taken off and replaced with the Katzkin covers. Guess it would be pretty hard to get a perfect fit over the cloth covers.
  11. C

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Can they not get the wrinkles out better than that? i have a set of Katzkin covers for mine but I don't want to install them if they wrinkle like that.
  12. C

`22 Dually Missing Splash Guards

Now that's a stupid statement! Mud, slush, snow and whatever else gets slung up there anyway. Why not protect the open area instead of the painted metal getting beat on?
  13. C

`22 Dually Missing Splash Guards

Think I might take my rear wheel liners off in spring and have the tubs sprayed with bed liner. Then put the wheel liners back on. At least that would give the extra protection on the missing top section and give the wheel well a complete black look after adding the missing side pieces.
  14. C

Headlamps & DRLs - rant and fixes

I have searched everywhere. Can not find anything on the DRL Signature Light settings for Canadian trucks. Was hoping I could set mine up like the USA version DRL's but I don't want to screw up anything playing around with AlfaOBD. EDIT: Found another forum where Jimmy07 posted the following...
  15. C

Headlamps & DRLs - rant and fixes

Has anybody actually figured out the settings in a Canadian spec Bighorn/Laramie truck with the mid level LED headlights to be able to use the signature lights for the DRL's? I have searched but I can not find what settings to change.