Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by BigRigWrecker

1. BigRigWrecker

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

What, so @RAM Cares… it’s not SOP to have to go to the dealership 15 times to get our recalls addressed?
  2. BigRigWrecker

Grid Heater RELAY Recall (new)

Same thing here, I got the card stating “parts available, scan here to schedule repair” I thought… this is GREAT, I don’t even need to call the dealer. I used the website to enter my info, select “recall”, enter the recall number I was setting appointment for, it was two weeks out. Get there...
  3. BigRigWrecker

2023 HD Limited / Limited Long Horn Steering wheel…

Yeah agreed, I have owned a 19,20, and now a 22… I don’t get the removal of cool stuff 23’s… like the flares on the Laramie or the wood wheel on the limited and longhorns. Re. The blue ring… they do something around the outer perimeter of the cluster… but I just don’t dig those electronic...
  4. BigRigWrecker

2022 Tailgate light washes out backup cam - any suggestions?

Oh man when it’s clean it’s ok at best… to be honest I think without the light is better even when it’s clean because it is not so bright in the dark truck… like the brightness of light still washes out the clean view, but it also makes it hard for eyes to adjust and toggle between looking at...
  5. BigRigWrecker

Yeah love the light… just not with the camera! I have buddies with fords and chevys though so I ain’t complainin… probably would not be such an issue if my windows weren’t so dark that I can’t use my mirrors at night… and I hate rolling them down in rain and snow because I don’t want the leather...
  6. BigRigWrecker

Man! Thank you, glad I’m not nuts at least… if I get around to it I’ll post some pictures. I’m sure that damn light was the result of a “no bad ideas” how do we “incrementally improve” this thing think tank where someone who doesn’t even own a pair boots suggest it… and no one ever actually...
  7. BigRigWrecker

You are running a 22, does that light come on when you throw it into reverse too? I attempted to disable and enable the lights when in reverse through the uconnect… but it didn’t seem to do anything at all so I’m wondering if maybe that’s just jacked up some how.
  8. BigRigWrecker

I have a 22 3500 Longhorn. When I’m reverse, there is a light tucked under the tailgate release that turns on and washes out the backup cam… especially when it is wet or snowy. My 20 limited did not have that light, and the difference is night and day… it makes the back up cam unusable. I like...
  9. BigRigWrecker

@jsalbre, I’ll give you the heated wheel inconsistencies, my wood portion gets uncomfortably hot on high… that said… I still prefer the feel when I am running hours at a time down the interstate… and I love the look… it’s like a pretty women in 4 inch heals, they serve no practical purpose but I...
  10. BigRigWrecker

Just caught first look at a 23 HR 2500 longhorn and was put off by the 1500 steering wheel, and absence of the the wood top. I looked at a 1500 limited (standard limited with the black interior) and noticed it too is missing the wood wheel. Does anyone know if that is by design or because of...
  11. BigRigWrecker

RECALL: 2020 to 2023 Ram 2500/3500 – Transmission Fluid Leak May Cause Fire:

Got a hundred bux 90% of the 16 were on rental from enterprise commercial to hotshot truckers tipping the scales at 25999 running cross country with two drivers. Saw a dude in Kentucky last year in a 3500 with the SO/68RFE, said it was a rental… had 3 cars on a gooseneck trailer and was...
  12. BigRigWrecker

Squeal/chirp on shift

Mine pretty much stopped after I ran a couple hundred miles with a trailer… Has 1200 miles in it now and no more chirp
  13. BigRigWrecker

Are HO Cummins falling out of favor for SO for "22 3500?

I just traded a 20, 2500 limited mega cab with air suspension on a 22 3500 longhorn mega cab srw HO without air suspension. I would have kept the 2500, but came across the right deal on the color/trim I wanted when I bought the first one… and I always worried that I would regret the full air...
  14. BigRigWrecker

Squeal/chirp on shift

Well, glad I’m not the only one… I love this forum… do you all still have your 19 and 20? Did it shake out at some point? I have a 2022 HO mega cab SRW
  15. BigRigWrecker

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

Anyone have whistle on acceleration after install of CP3? The dealer that did mine did not properly tighten the clamp on the intercooler line and it blew off on my way home… had them pick it up, take it back, and fix that … and reinstall the various clips missing from inner fender well on return...