Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by bigcitymike

1. B

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

Are you stating that Stellantis is saying the 2019's are not in-scope for the recall? Just drop your VIN in the search over at the NHTSA site, print it out and take it to the dealer.
  2. B

AC Fix TSB (Pre 8/20 build trucks)

Here's my story. 1st go at it HERE 2nd run at it HERE TLDR: They got it fixed eventually, after lots of parts and labor.
  3. B

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Anyone get their pump replaced yet? My experience with the local dealer is 50-50, and I don't want to be one of the first few that they've repaired under this recall.
  4. B

CP4 to CP-ISB21S3 (revised CP3) change for 2021 6.7L Diesel Trucks -- Merged Threads

If it's -38°C outside, that God's way of telling you to stay inside.
  5. B

Which if the case, he's probably starved the fuel pump, potentially burning up the delicate bits of the CP4.
  6. B

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

Agree. Having to prove your innocence takes more effort then Ram acknowledging it.
  7. B

Ram cp4 failure thread - Post all CP4 failures here DO NOT start a new thread.

I'm pretty sure the higher pressure is needed primarily for emissions reasons (EGR and SCR filter). The higher pressure injection allows for a cleaner burn. Even if you could "trick" it to use a lower pressure pump, you'd still have downstream issues with a "dirtier" burn.
  8. B

Ram cp4 failure thread - Post all CP4 failures here DO NOT start a new thread.

You're going to need to get the whole fuel system replaced anyways, so call around and see if any other dealers nearby have the bandwidth to repair it. Get the replacement CP4 installed, and follow up with the recall replacement CP3.3 down the road. You should have a good 10K or so miles as a...
  9. B

How is it no detailes of the recall (parts list or repair procedure) have been leaked yet? It's not like this is some Skunk Works project.
  10. B

I could be wrong about the performance side (I thought I read that somewhere), but according to this video the CP4's may be cheaper to make and are need for emissions reasons. CP4 ---> CP3 Swap video
  11. B

I've heard that the CP3 at the time didn't produce enough pressure (~24k PSI MY2013 - 2018), so the CP4 was used (30k PSI). You need higher pressure for power, and probably more importantly to meet ever tightening emission standards (cleaner burning, less EGR issues). I've also read that what...
  12. B

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

Coming from the guy who openly announces he has a 6 Speed big dirty dually. ;)
  13. B

Interesting how Carfax didn't waste any time notifying me about this recall. I wonder how much they pay my local dealer to track my service there? Originally, I never signed up with Carfax for any programs or services. Only after I took the truck in to get the A/C TSB performed, did Carfax start...
  14. B

A lot of this is speculation, but there's already aftermarket CP4 ---> CP3 swap that doesn't require the timing cover to be replaced. It uses a collar adapter to mount up. Dude mentions this in the clip below. CP4 ---> CP3 Swap
  15. B

No way in hell are they doing engine swaps on 260k (US) trucks. Even before the recall, on a glitter bombed claim,they were swapping fuel system components not replacing engines.